Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

help with envirolight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
dread View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote dread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help with envirolight
    Posted: 28 March 2008 at 11:37

Hi all

Im back growing again after a year off and I was given a envirolight by a friend to keep some cuttings and maybe a mother plant later on  - what I was wondering is how can I fix the envirolight as I would like to keep it horizontal at the top of the small bedside locker /drawer unit because if I hang it vertically there would only be a few inches from the tip of the bulb to the floor -I was thinking of getting some steel banding and wrapping it around the light holder and then fix it to roof  ?

Any suggestions or ideas would be great

Thanks Dread

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 11:53
Since the bulb emits most of its light from the sides, a vertical position is quite a good way to get maximum coverage in a small area.

Of course, plants can use light more efficiently when it strikes the upper surface of their leaves, so there's also a good argument for placing the bulb horizontally.

A cheap reflector would do two jobs for you:
1) You could get one with a large screw-fitting attached, which would allow you to mount the bulb horizontally (the reflector is usually hung from hooks on the back of the shade).

2) It would allow you to reflect and use the light that will otherwise be emitted upwards, missing the plants.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
dread View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote dread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 12:40

Thanks for that

But the problem is if I hang it vertically there will be no room (height) for a mother plant  and also I understand about fixing it to a reflector  like my other lights (hps) but there are no places on the screw fitting to fix to a bracket or reflector ?

Any diy suggestions please or pics of what other peoples ideas
connery View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote connery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 12:11
the enviro are designed to be used horizontally with a reflector,  You can keep the source very close to the plant.  But be care using second hand lamps.  I am use to measure the light emits with a luxmeter and once the lamp miss their potency I replace it with a newone.  Therefore i.e. is not advisable to buy such a used lamp via internet because for sure are not efficient.   Those lamps are usually those the growers throw away after the use....  Are then good to illuminate the home but not the weed
 Post Reply Post Reply