Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

biggest yielding strain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
supermagic View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote supermagic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: biggest yielding strain
    Posted: 13 April 2008 at 09:30
what do you guys think is the biggest yieling strain?
eano2 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote eano2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 11:06

this is taken directly from the faq:

Which strains are your fastest / biggest yielding / most compact?

Nearly all Sensi Seeds Indica and mostly-Indica varieties fall into the fast/heavy/compact category, with certain strains being particularly good performers. Big Bud® and Fruity Juice® (Indica/Sativa) would be two of our heaviest yielding varieties with a flowering time of 10 weeks or less.
However, the faster, slightly lower yielding varieties such as Northern Lights®, the various Skunk strains, Maple Leaf Indica® and other Afghanis may prove to be better producers over time. This is because their 7 to 8 week flowering time could allow a whole extra harvest per year.

Power plant is meant to be a good yielder as well
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 19:40
Originally posted by eano2

this is taken directly from the faq:

Which strains are your fastest / biggest yielding / most compact?

Nearly all Sensi Seeds Indica and mostly-Indica varieties fall into the fast/heavy/compact category, with certain strains being particularly good performers. Big Bud® and Fruity Juice® (Indica/Sativa) would be two of our heaviest yielding varieties with a flowering time of 10 weeks or less.
However, the faster, slightly lower yielding varieties such as Northern Lights®, the various Skunk strains, Maple Leaf Indica® and other Afghanis may prove to be better producers over time. This is because their 7 to 8 week flowering time could allow a whole extra harvest per year.

Power plant is meant to be a good yielder as well

ive always been told that big bud is not that big a yielder.

BM weed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
4way72 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote 4way72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 03:38
Try superskunk or skunk #1 those have huge yields.
BigRedKeith View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote BigRedKeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 11:52
I may well be wrong here but, given the same conditions, not perfect but 85-90% there, wouldnt the Big Bud always be the bigest yeald simply because so few people are in a position to have such a clockwork setup as to be able to benefit from the extra crop in the first few years? And as someone quite rightly pointed out to me, they are plants and they do work to their own schedule at the end of the day so... More and biger buds is a better option than hoping for the extra crop, Isnt It?

Just one clarification though, 45 days flowering, does that essentially mean that given the right conditions, the plant only needs to be on 12/12 for 45 days before harvest or that after 45 days of veging the plant can be put into flowering?
"Legalise It, Dont Critisise it, I will advertise it"!!! I echo Bartmanuk, sick of getting ripped off on the streets so our island cooperative have decided to home grow.
JoeBudding View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote JoeBudding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 12:02
Its 45 days of flowering time under 12/12

You can veg for how ever long you'd like, but the flowering of any sized (NL) plant should be complete around that 45-50 day mark.
BigRedKeith View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote BigRedKeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 12:14
Thanks Joe, so although its technically possible, does having that extra harvest with a reletavely average produces like NL have the same benefit as going SoG (Sea of Green) with a high producer like Big Bud? especially as the main cola on Big Bud is suposed to be the bigest of all the strains?

Keith
"Legalise It, Dont Critisise it, I will advertise it"!!! I echo Bartmanuk, sick of getting ripped off on the streets so our island cooperative have decided to home grow.
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 12:43

Always worth remembering that there are so many variables in the process. There are never any guarantees with nature - each strain is different and even with stable strains each plant (apart from clones from the same mother) in the strain is at least slightly different. Each will appreciate slightly different conditions, so it's possible to get poor yields from allegedly big yielding strains and good returns from low yielding strains especially if by chance your environment, nute regime etc happens to suit that low yielder, or if say you only have enough light to produce a certain amount of bud - the low yielder may hit your set-up's natural limit of production, so you could get the same from the high yielder as the low one.

(As you say Keith, plants work to their own schedule and may not finish "on time" but in exactly the same way they may not finish at the yield they are "supposed" to either - either way you are just playing the percentages).

Sorry, that's a very long winded way of saying that there are no guarantees - only guideline information, you need to find what works best for you and your setup.
Sensi's collection of Indoor Cannabis Seeds

No Turn Unstoned
 Post Reply Post Reply