Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Very first time (last pics: October 1st)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 21:50
excellant work sensi noob %3chumbs%20Up
ive just been thinking back to when you 1st started this diary as i was looking at your drying harvest, seems so long ago now, lol.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2008 at 22:33
Happy end! If you snap the buds off the stems and stick them in jars at home in order to cure them then you may even get a smooth crediting and fade-out.
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 09:25
now those plants look great SN
well done, mine definitely suffered to hot in my closet, your pistils look soo much better than mine did
get that sun on it :-)
[sensi_noob] View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote [sensi_noob] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 10:54
First, a big thank you to all for the congrats !

Jonas: Indeed, though they do look nice and fat, they definitely don't have that quality we've all seen in commercial grass. You're probably right, I think that is the mark of indoor bud. Though I can't wait to see how Highasa's buds turn out... With such monsters, especially the bendy mex, we may see some truly impressive buds... But like you said, for a first time, I'm quite happy with the way the grow turned out. A few more days until I can taste the final product %3coving%20it Hey, and good luck with the ruderalis grow next season. Be sure to let all of us know how it goes !

BM: yeah, thinking back to those first pics when they were 5cm with their first set of serrated leaves just showing, it does seem like a long time ago and makes me a bit nostalgic... It's weird: I'm so happy that harvest is done and it's time to smoke and enjoy soon, but at the same time I'm almost sad that it's over and I no longer have to take care of them. Call me sentimental... %3cink Well, I can always just look forward to next year. I think I may try Jamaican Pearl for the next grow in April... Looks yummy !

Grasso: Thanks mate. Yes, I actually already bought a couple glass jars for curing and storage, but I'm not sure how to do it. I've read in some places that you're supposed to open the jars every few days for a few minutes or so to avoid mold. In other places I'v read that you just leave them in there.... Not sure which is the right way. Also, not sure if and when I should put the jars in the freezer for better conservation... How long does curing last before you can freeze them for long-term storage ? Again, I've read different answers ranging from a few weeks to a few months...

Shane: Hey mate, good to see you here again ! Thanks for the kudos. How are you doing ? Still living with the in-laws or did you get a new place since ? Any indoor grow plans for the winter ?
"Truth is what stands the test of experience." - Albert Einstein
Highasa View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Highasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2008 at 13:04

here here, they do look lovely!

As for the comparisson between indoor and out, not only do outdoor remain smaller (I guess due to a less intense light, albeit a more natural one) but an outdoor bud will develop different cannabinoids than one grown outdoors, so I am led to believe, due to the lunar light.

I’d also think that an outdoor bud has a different taste to one grown indoors.

As for m’lady…

“With such monsters, especially the bendy mex, we may see some truly impressive buds...”

I’m not sure they will be any fatter than yours, just quite a few of them! Those look really nice, my first lot last year were no where near yours

Bendy Mex doing alright, although the sun has dropped quite a bit so not as much light as I’d like, but still she seems well! I love to know what a great summer could do to them, I certainly think your crop has benefitted from the southern sun.

Enjoy
%3crea%3cy
sneeuw View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sneeuw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2008 at 17:47
hi SN nice work there man there looking really really nice and tasty,
however i do have a small question what do you guys mean by FLUSHING a plant ??just giving sh*tloads of water or what?

grtz sneeuw
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2008 at 18:07

yeh you flush a plant with water to get rid of any excess nutrients and salts in the medium.

BM %3ceed%20leaf

I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
sneeuw View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sneeuw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2008 at 18:08
thx
[sensi_noob] View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote [sensi_noob] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2008 at 21:08
Hi there Highasa,

Thanks for the kind words %3cmile 

Good info there, I didn't know outdoor and indoor produced different cannabinoids.

I hope the Mex lady manges to finish well and that the famous UK weather won't interfere too much.
Originally posted by Highasa

I love to know what a great summer could do to them, I certainly think your crop has benefitted from the southern sun

Yes, it sure helped a lot. Definitely an unfair advantage compared to UK or Dutch climate %3cink. Actually, the weather down here is still amazing now, 23 °C this afternoon, nice and dry.  I'm sure other growers in the area still have some plants going nicely.

With the weather though, the buds have dried in just 8 days. Below are a few shots of them all jarred up... Net yield was 243g, just over 1/2 pound I guess. I just had a go this afternoon. The taste is great. Very nice upbeat high. Mild stone, but it didn't last very long. It faded after about an hour or so. Definitely not coffee shop grade, but still very enjoyable. I had smoked some of the smaller buds from the lower branches, so perhaps the larger buds from the top colas will have a stronger effect... But I want to wait a little and let them cure in the jars a little first. In any case, it felt really great smoking it knowing that I had grown it !

Snew: Thanks a lot mate. Yeah, flusing is just like BM said. I've read in a few places that you should flush with twice the volume of the pot. So for a pot of 10l, flush with 20l of plain water. The Sensi FAQ actually somewhat disagrees with flushing, and plants grown at the hemp museum are not flushed. But then again, they have feeding down to a science over there, and most beginners like me tend to overfeed. I did at least... No matter what, flushing can't hurt your plants.
"Truth is what stands the test of experience." - Albert Einstein
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2008 at 21:23
243g, not bad at all, especially for your 1st grow.
how long do think it will last you? %3cink

BM %3ceed%20leaf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>