Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Flowering - Pruning, Training, Intensive Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

sea of green ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mike View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sea of green ?
    Posted: 01 May 2005 at 16:34
how long should i let my clones veg for if they are going to be planted at 4 clones per square foot. im useing 400 watt hortilux on a light moveing rail. let my first set of clones get 1 foot or 12 pairs of leaves which ever comes first as my system is only 4 feet high and also ive heard that high pottasium or the k nute helps plants pack on weight and size if there is more of it than the other nutes
help my plant's fell over and can't stand up
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2005 at 11:47

It depends what strain you're planning on growing. I think you mentioned Big Bud earlier.

If it's Sativa, then no extra growing time is necessary after clones have rooted properly.

If it's an Indica, then perhaps a couple of weeks of veg, but that's going to affect how close together you can have them.

I think it's been pointed out elsewhere that your plants sound a bit too close together for the system you describe. Four plants per sq/f works out to 36 plants per sq/m. It's possible to grow plants this close together, but you'd be better off with a least a 600w HPS.

Using a 400w, I'd think about spacing your plants out a bit - 16 or 25 plants per sq/m. If you use 16 per sq/m, that works out to 1 per foot, which is more like the floor space you should allow a plant that's 1ft tall before flowering.

Potassium and phosphorous are important in the flowering stage, so get a flowering nutrient that has higher proportions of these two. Don't add P or K by yourself.

The most important factors for large heavy buds are genetics and lighting, followed by nutrient and access to fresh air. You're more likely to increase the size and weight of your buds with a 600w light or a second 400w.

Finally, you mention that you're using a Hortilux ballast. We assume that you're running an HPS bulb in it. If not, you should be.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
rajasdope View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote rajasdope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 23:18
    I have a question about foliage feedings. Are they appropriate when you have your plants in bloom? I am wondering if you will get mold on buds if you spray the foliage down every couple of days. I mix some water with some botanicare Karma. It contains, potash, phosphorus, and nitrogen mixtures. Thanks.
rajasdope View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote rajasdope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 20:15
Hey, I have a pretty imprtant question regarding time.  I am in bloom, and have been for over 1 month.  My Afghani's are developing a lot of pislils, and a couple of them are turning gold.  I am using co2, but I have had some problems with the regulator.  The lighting is 40 watts per square foot.  I am thinking about getting an led light to add to the lighting, what do you think about that idea?  Well, I only have 5 more weeks before I have to pack up and go.  Is there any organic means to speeding up the process?  Also, is it advisable to pack wet or somewhat wet buds to transport for around 5 hours?  If there are methods to packing and preventing mold growth, please let me know.  Thanks.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 10:32
An LED light won't do anything. There have been some experiments in growing with LED, but it will be a while before any weed is grown with them.

If your plants have been in 12/12 for a month, it's more than likely they'll be ready in 5 weeks' time.

It's quite likely that the plants won't be dry when you have to move them. If you have to move them when wet, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Even if you have to wrap them up to control odour (advisable if you're driving a long way and may encounter people on the road, not advisable in normal circumstances) 5 hours in this condition won't be too damaging. Just be sure to hang them out to dry as soon as they're in their new location.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
rajasdope View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote rajasdope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 01:53
    Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply