Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Germination, Seedlings & Vegetative Growth
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

seedlings-when to transplant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
brydog View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote brydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: seedlings-when to transplant
    Posted: 08 May 2005 at 14:30
Hi, I'm growing super skunk for the first time,what I need to know is when and if I have to transplant to a bigger pot. Right now my seedlings are about 6 cm and are in a 16 cm clay pot. they are growing in organic soil and sitting in front of my balcony window. thanks much
bry
Ithal1 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Ithal1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 13:56
Hi!It was nice to hear this wonderful news from you!

I have a question! How long did it take for you seeds to germinate. I`m growing super skunk too.
please reply.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 17:21
Seeds can open and put out their first root within 24 hours.
Most seeds will open in 3 to 7 days.
Seeds can take up to 10 or even 14 days to germinate.
After 2 weeks in germination, you can probably assume that any seeds that have not opened are non-viable.

How are you germinating your seeds, Ithal1?
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 17:44
brydog, your seedlings can probably stay in their pots for a while longer.
Whether your pot is 16cm in diameter or 16cm deep, this is a large enough container for a 6cm plant.
You can allow your plants to at least double in height before transplanting them.
You can estimate how much each plant's roots are filling up the soil inside its pot by the coverage of foliage in the space above the pot. When a plant's leaves extend beyond the circumference of the pot, or when the plant is taller than the depth of the pot, you can transfer to a larger pot.

When transferring, hold the soil in place with your hand and turn the pot upside down. The soil will be held together by the plant's roots (if the plant is big enough) and you should be able to lift the pot gently from the root/soil block.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
tomalamorangos View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote tomalamorangos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 00:20

I have 2 seeds big enough to trasplant.I´m gonna transplant to the pot where she gonna grow and I expect,flower.Once I do that when can I start to give light for the growing?

wotan View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote wotan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 17:37
The pot can never be to big-use as big as you can!  
 Post Reply Post Reply