Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

skunk #2, early 1990's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: skunk #2, early 1990's
    Posted: 20 July 2008 at 18:02
I had a clone given to me in 1992, and recently lost it.  Fifteen years of success and consistency gone.  In a bad way.  And I want it back really bad.  I was told it was skunk #2, from The Seed Bank in Holland.  I was told to flower 51 days.  Supposedly it was brought to New york/canada years before 1992.  I'll describe the best I can.

Short and bushy, you would never have to top these plants, they had many tops and branches.   right from the ground it would split into many strong branches, not the single stem.  grown next to other varieties initially, like northern lights #8, it was always shorter, thick and tighter.  the buds were tightly spaced, very dense, and heavy crystals.  purple color, under the leaves, was present as well, especially in cooler temps.

the smell was less heavy than skunk #1, which made it less detectable indoors.  the buzz was more gradual, "creeper", than skunk #1.  but the buzz was intense and very enjoyable.  just with less of the initial lung expansion, coughing, and heavy odors.

if skunk #2 was really the correct name, I can't seem to find the seed.  do you think it could be "super skunk", 1990 cannabis cup champion from The Seed Bank?

please ask any questions, or make suggestions.  I'd love to hear what you think.
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 21:02
ive personally never heard of skunk#2.
skunk strains are normally taller than northern lights, due to the sativa in their history.
the super skunk is more fragranced than skunk#1, so i would rule that out. the shiva skunk is the shortest of the skunks, and probably the most potent too, maybe this?
somebody a bit older than me may of heard of skunk#2.

BM weed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 23:19
The only strain/cultivar/plant/whatever, i've heard as being called skunk#2, was a "roadkill skunk", that was apprently quite a consistant pheno, in sam the skunkmans early creations of skunk.

But sam the skunk man, apprently, breed for the sweeter taste and smell of what became skunk#1, instead of the "rotten flesh", "roadkill" smell of the skunk#2. And after so many years of inbreeding, the pheno dissapeared, and skunk#1 is probably one of the most uniform strains around these days.

I say apprently, as i dont know any of this to be fact. But i often hear of old time smokers, asking for the "roadkill skunk" or "skunk#2", that used to be about in the US back in the day.

Did the smell of your clone have this rotten flesh, roadkiill smell? If so, you were probably a very lucky person, as so many people seem to want to find it again.
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 08:12
thank you for responding.  if I did have skunk #2/ roadkill, it was good while it lasted, and now may be out there as clone only.  maybe the person who passed it to me still has it 17 yrs later, or I better move on.   I like the idea of trying the shiva skunk.  I don't think sensi seeds ship directly to the US.  do you know of a seed bank that ships to the states?

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 11:43
Is there any chance that this was Northern Lights #2?

I don't remember Sensi ever selling a Skunk #2, but there was definitely a NL#2, which was very popular.

I think (though I'm not positive) that Sensi's current NL in seed form is Northern Lights 5x2.

If you want an extremely powerful Skunk, Super Skunk and Shiva Skunk come highly recommended.

If you want a pure Afghanica Indica, Hindu Kush is top notch.

No breeders ship to the US, AFAIK.

Many resellers buy from breeders and ship anywhere in the world.

Unfortunately, we can't host discussions about the relative merits of the different resellers on this site, neither on the forums nor by PM.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 21:39
I amazed by the knowledge that other hobbiests possess, unlike myself.  after operating independently for so many years,  it is my first time communicating and reaching out to others for help like this. 

The NL#2 strain does seem the most likely culprit.  even the time frame in which I started ,along with the physical attributes.  One of the resellers online has a "low odour" category.  Dutch passion oasis, their NL#2 variety, is on the list.  along with  Nirvana northern lights.

should I just stick with the sensi brand?  whatever I had before was so immensely popular, that I'd hate to dissappoint in any way.

Thanks so much for the enjoyable conversation.

Post Reply Post Reply