Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

tightness, density and dirt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tightness, density and dirt
    Posted: 08 August 2008 at 20:18

is there a strain that produces the hardest buds?   I had a friend that wouldn't look at the grass he was buying, or even smell it.  he would squeeze the bag for density.  like him, i also like them solid.

do you think growing in dirt affects the density, and possibly taste.  two of us here grew from the same clones, and he always wanted to trade me his hydro for my soil.   his stuff was fluffier and less flavorful to me.

are sensi northern lights and Shiva some tighties, or what?

Shabbat shalom
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 20:26
grapefruit produces really hard buds, but i dont know what breeder pruduces them.
most strains grown properly should give dense buds, wouldnt have thought soil or hydro would matter to density if grown right, but IMHO the taste is definately affected by soil or hydro, as a smoker, i would say soil wins the taste test every time, if again, both grown right.

BM weed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2008 at 20:59
it was explained to me that plant roots passing through soil have more difficulty than the hydro roots would.  this added stress was supposed to add vigor to the plant overall.

blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2008 at 14:51
bud density is more related to amount/type of light, proper feed and the general environment.
High temps will get you low density buds for sure

I think genetics would be a secondary factor.
 Post Reply Post Reply