Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

sssc basic 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sssc basic 5
    Posted: 14 August 2008 at 18:51
from the catalogue viewable online.  what is a basic 5 called today?  and creeper also?   these names have dissappeared.

thanks
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 19:35
hope you dont mind me asking whodair, but how old are you man? WinkThumbs%20Up
ive been smoking for just over 20 years, and ive never heard of any of the 3 strains you have posted about over the last few weeks or so, it would be interesting to know if these strains have been renamed, or lost in history.
just out of interest, have you ever heard of a strain called 'kentucky blue grass'? i dont know if this is a true name or not, but a friend of my dads bought some over from the states about 15 or 16 years ago, and this is what he said it was. dont remember to much about the smoke, but i do remember it was pretty potent.

cheers dude, BM weed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
recycler View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote recycler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2008 at 21:48

a creeper around here was something that had a reasonable to heavy indicia high for a good hour or so then a quick haze or sativa high that kicked in and disoriented you a little. The grower that introduced me to sensi grew a pheno of ERSB that had similar traits.

as for a basic 5 i haven't a clue.
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2008 at 06:26
bet the kentucky blugrass was the shit.  along with creeper  and basic 5, they were probably all local names for good grass. 

at 38 yrs old, i am past the half time show.  in the limited time i have remaining, i'll report back on NL, shiva, domina and let you know how my sprouts fare.

late
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2008 at 14:41
nice one whodair,

good luck with them new babies, Thumbs%20Up

BM weed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
lightsfan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote lightsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 03:58
Hey guys,Kentucky Blue Grass is real & it has A nice sativa kick to it,kinda blue/grey in color,but I havent seen any for about 10 years.I live in Indiana,back in the 80s we would head south every fall to KY, to get the "Blue" & A few gallons of Moonshine.Indiana turns out some great smoke as well.We are the home of the original "BUBBLEGUM" weed. Its got that great,cheap pink bubblegum flavor.Its A hybrid,but grows very indica.The sativa hits you first,then the indica creeps in.Do you guys remember the old "HOOSIER HOOT & HOLLER" Indiana weed from the old catalogs?It was another good one that seems to have disappeared.As for basic 5,I remember smoking it.I always thought it was A type of Northern Lights, or A NLs pheno.I could be wrong...LF.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 10:27
The West Coast strains and hybrids (mostly the ones from the 70s and early 80s) must be the most famous cannabis to come out of the US, along with a couple of indoor strains popular in NYC.

But in the middle, there may be many strains that have been personal, family or community projects for generations - cultivars made in the traditional way by selecting seed stock each season and slowly improving and stabilising the strain over years.

In theory, it's possible that there are strains that have been continuously cultivated from seed for 50 years or more, though the realities of the drug war, CAMP, and even the proliferation of wild hemp in some part of the midwest (putting low-grade pollen in the air) may have been a spanner in the works of truly continuous cultivation.

Still, it's more than likely that there are world-class heirloom varieties that remain un-named and have never been passed beyond a limited local area.

It's weird that going strain-hunting in the midwest USA is probably more likely to lead to death or imprisonment than doing so in Africa.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
lightsfan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote lightsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 21:52
Thats the truth Ganja,You would have to have A "Death Wish" to go strain hunting in Indiana or Kentucky.Folks here camp out & wait for crops to finish.Shotguns,snares,bear traps,jungle warfare learned in Viet Nam,you name it!!! For many its the only,yearly income..Oh well they have A right to protect what is theirs.The sad part is, everyone here is proud of their hybrids,they dont want anyone to have the same thing as they do.As A result nothing gets out of the mid west,some growers offer A free 1/8 OZ.if you find & return A seed & forget about receiving,or even buying A clone.@ least we have A variety of different hybrids each fall to choose from,but they are'nt cheap,usually about $400 USD an OZ. The only way to have quality smoke year round,is to grow your own...LF.
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 22:02

you mean they're not into sharing the love?  living on communes, runnin around naked? 

now 1/8 for a seed, we can do some bizness like that
lightsfan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote lightsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 22:15
LOL,they'll use you to fertilize next years crop & think nothing of it!!!.Its much safer to hunt for good strains in your own basement...LF.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>