Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

anyone cloned from feminised seeds?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone cloned from feminised seeds?
    Posted: 19 August 2008 at 01:41
i received a nice shipment of seeds today.  the seller sent me some Dutch Passion Oasis fems instead of the non feminised I ordered.  since I intend on cloning, will this be a problem?   i've heard both sides of the discussion, good on uniformity and consistent phenos, but possibly bad for undesirables like herms. 

anyone cloned from feminised seeds?

good news:  got my sensi NL also.  if the packaging is any indicator of results, the sensi is going to be superior.

late
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 03:14
I've cloned fem seeds with no problems, or loss of quality. Exactly the same to me, as normal cuts.
lightsfan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote lightsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 06:36
Those Sensi Northern Lights are the best.Easy to grow & clone.Real nice yeilds,& A superb indica high that nothing else can match.By the end of their life,all the buds swell into A massive, single cola,totally frosted plant.absolutely the best medicinal smoke that I have ever found.I think the catalog says 50 days of flowering,but it takes about 70 days for mine to start getting those sweet amber headed stalked trichomes,that lead to "couch-lock"The extra 2-3 weeks makes A big difference,although it is probably commercially ready in 56 days....& yes I have cloned some feminised ladies & never saw any problems or hermies @ all....I cant wait to try out Sensis' new feminised seeds,I just wish that they would have made some feminised NL#5 Haze,Its my favorite hybrid.Good luck with your grow!....LF. p.s.-make some NL hybrids
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 09:08
As far as I know the only thing you can't effectively clone is an autoflowerer, because you can't delay flowering by manipulating light hours.

My femmed sativa clones as easy as garden mint and I've never had one sprout boy bits, despite putting them through torturous conditions.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 10:05
When first working with feminised seeds, we thought that keeping a feminised mother plant in an 18hr cycle indefinitely and taking cuts from her would probably induce quite a bit of stress, which would increase the chance of the mother turning hermaphrodite.

As it turned out, the WL fems were a lot more stress-resistant than we expected, and there were no hermaphrodites or a males in the few hundred plants we test-flowered.

Because of this resistance to stress, we also tried a few as mother plants, taking several rounds of cuts from each. No stress reactions, hermaphrodites or strange behaviour from the clones or mothers.

All was fine when using the regular method of keeping a mother for several months and taking many cuts off her at a time, as well as with what I think of as the British method of cloning  - growing a plant up, taking one or two cuts to be the replacement mother, then flowering the large plant.

The fem mothers were kept for about 6-10 months, significantly shorter than many mothers are kept, but long enough to demonstrate that it's possible to do.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2008 at 15:39
i'm not sure where i heard about problems w cloning fems.  but the answer seems overwhelmingly in favor of the fems.  with all of this femming going on we better be careful to keep enough males around in the future.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 11:31
I'll second that. Never had a hermie from a WL fem. Have had one from WL regular. But i cloned it in flower. Though i've done the same with WL fems, and never had a hermie.
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 15:53
the oasis fems and sensi NL started bustin out of their shells in less than 24hrs!!  a plate and wet paper towel did it.  now into a cube under some flouresent?  i grew from clone for so long, the seed thing is new to me.

late
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 17:44
Not to try and scare you. But i've seen and read many a grow, with DP fems, that hermie easily. Only reason i wouldnt buy their BB, or BM. As somehow they scored a deal with djshort, to sell his BB. But i just dont trust them.

Cloning the Oasis, might cause a hermie. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Peace. Solid.
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 21:52
now you're freakin me out!  like i said, ordered regular, received fem and now they're the first to open.  all five.  i'm going to grow em, clone em and post up the results.  and burn down, of course

late
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>