Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > Hashish
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

hash makin myths

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hash makin myths
    Posted: 13 February 2017 at 11:37
This method makes all sense in Afghanistan.
Curing hashish needs very high temperature (37°) for at least a couple months.
It also needs darkness and dry conditions.
Under our latitudes, there are other ways to cure it properly
Greetz

Provence

Provence View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Provence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 11:30
Actually, this is the technique written recommended and described in the book
HASCHISH! The Joy of kaing and curing - from Alan Dronkers (Sensi Seeds)

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2008 at 12:43
Originally posted by sarah louise

Do you mean 'resin' as in a collection of smoking dregs scraped out of a pipe or the dried remains of bong water cone? If that's the case the answer is no, burying that will not make hash.

That sort of 'resin' I know as cruddy or crud (also a euphemism for faecal matter). It's super high tar content makes it very damaging to the epithelial lining of the lung and  burying it in the ground for 3 months may well introduce a serious disease risk such as Legionella or even Melioidosis, if you are in a tropical region.
Stay safe and remember, your lungs are worth more than a cruddy buzz.

sara lou weed%20leaf

Ah yes, the old conflation of cannabis resin (good) and pipe residue (toxic waste). I wonder how many people in the parts of the world that see very little hash think hash is awful because they've only tried bong-scum.

SL is spot on.

Your friend may have been talking about burying real resin, which is part of some traditional hash-making processes. Some methods age the unpressed resin crystals for a year (though I think this is done above-ground, at least in Morocco), while others bury resin that has already been worked and pressed into proper hash.

It's debatable whether burying pressed resin is a method for aging/maturing  hash, or whether it's just a way of storing surpluses from particularly bountiful years.
When resin is worked into a single homogeneous mass of hashish, it generally forms a reasonably impermeable outer skin, and can then sit and age for a long time without going mouldy or losing potency. Not sure if burying worked hash will help this process.

Basically, if you have real resin glands sifted from plants, this is pretty close to hash already. The yellow/beige dust can be turned into single pliable black/brown mass in a number of ways. The higher the quality of the resin, the easier it is to turn into hash.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
DadooO0 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote DadooO0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2008 at 11:52
Hi !

I would like to make some hash, with the ice-o-lator tehnique. The only problem is that, i don't have any screen at home. So, do you think that i can filter the solution with a simple tent linen? Sure i'd need some other type of linen too, but is it possible at all? The tents usually have 2 layers, and i think that those 2 layers would be just perfect. Do you think that the hole width in the outer layer would be small enough to filter the little resin parts?

thanks for your replies, dado
blackmore View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote blackmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2008 at 14:45
hey, i agree with SL. but its good to have a resin ball around when theres a pot drought in town.

but what ur buddy is unknowingly referring to is one of the ways them afghans make hash.
They wrap their crystals and bud in goat skin and bury it maybe 4 to 6 feet underground. The sun cooks and the weight of the soil and rocks compresses.
ive smoked my fair share of goat hair  haha  Dead  cant avoid it.

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2008 at 16:27
Hi Endo,

Do you mean 'resin' as in a collection of smoking dregs scraped out of a pipe or the dried remains of bong water cone? If that's the case the answer is no, burying that will not make hash.

That sort of 'resin' I know as cruddy or crud (also a euphemism for faecal matter). It's super high tar content makes it very damaging to the epithelial lining of the lung and  burying it in the ground for 3 months may well introduce a serious disease risk such as Legionella or even Melioidosis, if you are in a tropical region.

I hope your friend was joking when s/he said this to you, otherwise s/he is spreading porkies that could seriously hurt someone.

Anything buried in topsoil will be inoculated with moulds and other soil microbes and you seriously don't want to introduce these to your lungs.

Hash is produced by removing the natural cannabis resins from the plant material and compressing it. There are a number of methods that can used and I am sure, seeing as you managed to find this folder, you will be able to find information on hash production and I need not type it all out here.

Stay safe and remember, your lungs are worth more than a cruddy buzz.

sara lou weed%20leaf
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Endo420X View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Endo420X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2008 at 20:01

A friend told me if i bury my resin ball about six inchs in the ground and leave it there all summer that it will make hash.            Does anybody know if this workssmoking          Before burying you wrap it aluminum foil and sran wrap so i's air tight.smoking                                    

Post Reply Post Reply