Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

lighting my new room

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
milann View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote milann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lighting my new room
    Posted: 15 May 2005 at 22:08
hii , i have started my weedy lab too. i have chosen a small room with a window for fans and s 150w high pressure soldium lamp for the 1st time or piriod of the growing process. i wonnder what next light to get .... i hope i can watch as much as i can i na 5 square m. room. some help for lights i have got 10 avganna and 10 arfican skunck seed of the net and i can't wait :) when shall i check the timmers off 12/12h. for flowering shall i wait a bit longer in order to get more yeld :) 10x any way for the help
dmdm View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote dmdm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 12:13
hi milann, u are looking for 50watt per square foot of light.

u have bought 20 seeds so i will say u need a 600watt lght but this will only cover 2m sq.

also paint your growroom matt white with a few coats, maximise your light.

and get a fan blowing inbetween your plants tops and the light, u will get light slighly closer and stop your buds burning,try and not blow on the buds tho might get leave burn.

fingers crossed for u and go and grow some kick ass bud mate.
milann View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote milann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 15:11
ok 10x for the help.
1st of all i plann to strap the holl place in thin metal pfoil for max light usement, how much is foots in meeters as u say i need a 50w per foot. i have for now a 150hps i plann to get one of 250w hps to combine it wiht the outher one and a 600w for the bigger room which is 5x5m i plann to make smaller rooms in the rooms in order to use max the light hope it gows well i don;t know if u know that weed some times could look like the bomb and not to catch at all this is what the weed is like in my town and i wanna smoke some bad ass weed so i plann to make it my self i have a lot of cash so don't boder electricity or cost of goods i plan to use like 6-8 seeds i have a few plants in the garden as well :P hope to shoot some pics for you soon :)
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 18:14
You might save money by outfitting your non-flowering rooms with fluorescent or CF bulbs.

Keep your HPS for flowering (12/12). Rememeber that higher intensity HPS lamps are more efficient for their power consumption.
For instance, a 400W HPS bulb is rated at 55,000 lumens. A 600w HPS is rated at 93,000lm, which is roughly 15% more efficient. The same applies to small HPS lights like 150w and 250w - a single 400w HPS gives more lumens than these two combined.

1m/sq is almost 11 square feet. So, optimum lighting is a bit less than 550w per square metre. Many growers use a simple estimate like 400w HPS per m/sq or 600w per 2m/sq.

600w per m/sq is as much lighting as cannabis needs (a little more, in fact).
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
milann View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote milann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 20:02
hello again i am doing good i've got a video wich shows a lot, i've got 3 small rooms made by me in the big rooms where i plann to grow african scunk, northen higliths, and avgana. can i make a test by taking a plant of each kind and make them flower sooner than outhers in a 4rth closet
will that change them by taste or smell how much income of buds will i loose and for how long shall i wait before changing to 12/12. shall i go with 24/0 for a week and 20/4
for the rest of the time before i diside to flower? what about cloning is it realy worth it because i have 3 mounts before my parents go back at the house i'm usnig and there can't be any misstakes to see what i have made there because i would get shot :))) money is no problem for electrisity or bulbs i'm just another sick rich in cash poor in weed living in sh*t city with crapy weed despered in waiting for the moment to take the 1st smoke :)))
 Post Reply Post Reply