Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Northern Lights #s

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lightsfan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote lightsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Northern Lights #s
    Posted: 02 September 2008 at 01:22
Hello Ganja,Are the #s behind Northern Lights different phenos found within the strain? or are they hybrids?or some of both?I guess #5 was A pheno,since it was clone only.What is #2 I thought it had some Thai in it & whatever happened to Neviles #2 X #5 & #9? Thanks!..LF.
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 04:49
its like trying to find out who your great great grandparents were before they immigrated across the world and changed there names.  sort of
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 05:59
I think, but am not sure, that Neville had 11 seeds passed to him. I do not know the exect heritage, as i doubt anyone does. But i think it was a mainly afghani, and perhaps hash plant, with some background genes from a thai or haze. I think thai. I can't remember where i read this, but i think it was a 3 way cross, definatly including the affie, and mainly that. But with some light heritage from thai or haze.

My guess is, whoever made these seeds, had an amazing affie mum, and crossed it with different x's, like thai/affie, or thai/hp. He then would grow out these seeds, choosing the most affie leaning, best smelling/tasting/frosty/yielding males, and kept back crossing to this affie mum. How many times, who knows. I'm most likely completly wrong. But it would make sense he gad done this a good few generations, as the affie is most present, and the 11 seeds were all very good, and stable.

Anyway, these last 11 seeds (no idea why they were the last), were given to Neville. Who grew them out. And numbered them from #1-11.

All the females had their own good features, but with #5 being the pick of the bunch. #2, was supposed to be a very good, single stalk plant. But nobody offers this. Unless Oasis or something from some company is supposed to be a NL# rarely seen.

#9, Sagamartha offer. They get seeds in from outside breeders, who prefer to stay out of the commercial part. It's quite possible they have a source within Europe with the #9 cut. The only grow report i've seen, was less than good though. And they charge too much anyway. Only thing that interets me from them, is the bubbleberry, and mangolian indica.

#5 is offered by British Columbia Seedbank or what ever. Not quite sure what male they used to make this "#5" though. As there was no #5 male, to begin with.

Sensis NL does'nt carry a #, because its a cross of the #5 mum, with the #1 male. Obviously as Sensi bought Nevs genetics. They tried all males. And #5x#1, brought best results.

So to answer your original question. Yes. They were all different phenos from the same source. And they all contained same parent genes. Not some with extra thai or anything else.

Of course, a pheno could have leaned more in that direction. But parents were the same.

I would buy Sensis if anyones. But i'm not that rich, especially with the credit crunch, elec/gas rises of up to 40%!!, and gloomy economy

I've allways wantad to grow NL. But have not found anywhere with it, that i know has the real deal, within my price range.

It would be nice if Sensi brought out a fem NL, perhaos even a selfed #5 for xmas. Then i can ask my mrs for them and fem big bud or JF#5 as my xmas pressies. LOL.
Green-Thumb Growing
mike View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2008 at 03:56

numbers 2, 5, and 9 were the only worth while plants for breeding and kept. most likely along with the males that looked simular or had some speacial trait but neville use to own sensi before he sold it along with his origanal parent stock back in the eighties if i rember right

help my plant's fell over and can't stand up
lightsfan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote lightsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2008 at 04:16
Thankx Solid,That clears things up A bit more.I agree that Sensi NLs are quite expensive & I am poor as well, BUT,In this case you really do get what you pay for!I have grown NLs from @ least 4 different companies,as well as countless NLs "bag seeds" back in the 80s.No one even comes close to Sensis'NLs,They are truely the best!Also,it has been my experience,that everything I put Sensi NLs into turns to GOLD!!!.It makes all hybrids better than before.Right now I am flowering 5 of my newest hybrid ladies,"HAZEY LIGHTS"(WL Purple Haze X Sensi NLs)they are A trip! The plants are indica looking,mostly single cola plants,the actual bud structure is dense, but very sativa.Totally frosted buds with A dominate fruity/Haze smell that overpowers everything,even SKUNKS!Cant wait to try them out.I will try to post some pics soon...LF.
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2008 at 06:13
The cross sounds nice. I guess the PH was the mum, as they come only in fens. So you'd expect them to be more branchy, and sativa leaning.

I've sesn a couple of grow diaries on WL PH, and the flowering time, and stretch were massive. How did your PH grow?

Maybe these growers stressed the plants. But i wouldn't buy it after that. Snd it's one i would of definatly tried, had i not seen those diaries.

Do you have any pictures of the PH grow? I would be extremely interested in seeing how they looked for you. What was height gain, and flowering time like, along with final product?

---------

The only other NL i would try apart from Sensi/WL, is Dr.Atomics. That's supposed to be a very good one. Or seeds from geowers with the #5 cut, as my NL#5/DJBB is. Or hopefully one-day, the #5 cut itself.
Green-Thumb Growing
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2008 at 11:56
hey solid, your right dude them crosses do sound nice maan.
LF, do i remember rightly, your PH flowered for 21 weeks IIRC, and even then it was after you reduced the light hours to 8 or something??

BM weed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
lightsfan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote lightsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 06:47
Yes,One of my Purple Haze (feminised) was flowered @ around 12 inches & would not stop growing on A 12/12 cycle,so I finished it on A 18 off / 6 on to fool it into thinking the end is near.She finished @ 21 weeks of flowering.I believe she was A throwback of her great,great grandmother Sativa.She was 7 feet tall & about 10 feet around & yeilded 11 OZs of dry bud.By far the longest indoor grow of my life,but all worth it in the end.Superpower Sativa!!! I also grew A normal 4 foot plant,she spent her whole life in the flowering room.I put her on top of A bunch of buckets & removed them as she grew,I got 2 1/2- 3 OZs out of her.My new "Hazey Lights"(PH mother X Sensi NLs father)is outstanding,the first test blunt had me so high,I was looking out the window like A crack head!.LOL......LF I have no pics of the grow,the HPS made horizonal lines in the photos & I had to chop her up just to get her out of the room.U can see the pile of bud in my images.p.s.-My last feminised Purple Haze seed just popped open & has A nice fat tap root,It has only been soaking for 36 hours.Why agian does Sensi advise agianst seed soaking?
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 10:42
Originally posted by lightsfan

She finished @ 21 weeks of flowering.I believe she was A throwback of her great,great grandmother Sativa.She was 7 feet tall & about 10 feet around & yeilded 11 OZs of dry bud.By far the longest indoor grow of my life,but all worth it in the end.Superpower Sativa!!! .

I've seen the shot in your gallery. It's one hell of a nice plant!
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 11:06
Dam, 10 feet around! I would try that myself if i had the space, but i couldn't wait 21 weeks for just one plant. I just know the bud would of been supreme though. What was the aroma/taste of it like?
Green-Thumb Growing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>