Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Systems - Setups, Equipment, Mediums
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hydro vs soil - is one better?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
milann View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote milann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hydro vs soil - is one better?
    Posted: 19 May 2005 at 16:53
how better is a hydroponic system than a simple pots when we talk about a lot of plants
dmdm View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote dmdm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2005 at 11:52
yeah hydro will out perform soil but soil is so much easier(except watering).

i started growing hydro(in at deepend) and have since moved to organic and love it.

the taste to organic bud is far better imho.

and outlay s a lot less for soil grow as u dont need ph/ec meters and all the stuff that goes with it and u wont end up buying lots of boasters and latest new tonics cause thats what i did.

tank was full o stuff nutes,ph down,h2o,rhizatonic,guardian angel

stick with good old soil my 2 cents worth.
milehigh View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote milehigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2005 at 14:38
Soil is best for beginners. I have been a soil grower for years. For the first time I am trying a hydroponic system. I knew it would be bigger and faster, but I had no idea. I am growing out SuperSkunk right now, and started them both at the same time. The Hydro plants are 5 times bigger then the dirt grown plants. I will offer a smoke report the middle of July when they are finished. I am now sold on Hydro. And never dreamed I would have said that.

milehigh
stashman View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote stashman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 16:40

If your growing lots of plants then hydro would be easier in terms of maintenance and trips to the grow room. I used to do hydro but am a convert to organic growing, seeing I only grow for myself I don't need many plants, only 6 to 8 so growing in pots is easier and I find the soil grown bud to be better in flavour and high. But don't dismiss growing hydroponically as the results can be amazing, with bigger and usually faster growth and flowering. ( Don't forget lots of plants means a lot of soil, and if you can't automate the watering times you'll have to do it by hand, and then theres the bugs and diseases that can result in a long and hard battle to get rid of them ).Happy growing.

Peace

stickyfingers View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote stickyfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 03:18

It is well known that nft nutrient film technique is the fastest way to grow anything, this is the reason it is so widely used on a commercial scale for our tomatoes and lettuce growers. I have been involved with hydroponics for 20 years, very little has changed in that time, you could choose a pot with perlite or grow wool, works well if you feed once a day let run of go into saucer the plant will use it over 24 hrs easy

I prefer flood and drain tables using clay balls, instead of feeding from the bottom, flooding the trays, I tilt the trays a little and feed the plants with dripper system I feed them every2 hrs on a re cycled reservoir, pop a heater and  some air stones in as well use a powerful air pump. I also put inn a free standing pump to mix everything continuously.

Oxygen is the key to healthy lush plants, try using peroxide in your reservoir as well it cleans, and turbo charges your plants.

There is an inexpensive system available called power pod, using clay medium with a self top up reservoir’s small air pump is used to circulate the nutrients from bottom to top, works really well

A pot with an air stone at the bottom, under the medium will also improve the growth. Oxygen mf friends your girls will thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply