Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

need some info plz sensi seeds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
knobby View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote knobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 15:34
heres francos new reply

Jack Herer's breeding started in the late 1980s, and ended in the 1990s. It is a strain that Sensi brought out first, indeed.
When you'll see the GH version you'll love it
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 17:45
Cheers for the link.

I doubt they'll address the issue head-on...
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 18:03
Originally posted by cocogroweruk

http://www.kingofcannabis.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=2&func=view&catid=2&id=510#510
there the thread ganja

nice one cguk %3chumbs%20Up

BM %3camp
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2008 at 05:08
i found the name jock horror (nivana?) to be at least a little humorous.  but i really don't like horrors in my jock.
knobby View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote knobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2008 at 16:01
hey ganja maybe you should let jack herer now what gh seeds are up to . bet he wont be too happy , i meen they are useing his name to sell shit genetics.
knobby View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote knobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2008 at 10:24
Marco Renda phoned jack herer and this is what he had to say on the matter....

Ok I just got off the phone with Jack and he states that he didn't know that Arjan had a strain named after him. Jack stated that he is friends with both Arjan and Ben Donkers of Sensi Seeds and he also stated that he had NO PROBLEM with Arjan using his name for a strain. Now I did find a couple of other seed companies selling a strain that they also called Jack Herer. Until they allow copyright / trademarks on marijuana seeds this sort of thing will continue. Now on a side note another seed wholesaler who opperates out of Quebec Canada was telling me about some complaints on germination, then he turned around and said that he is still going to continue to sell GH genetics, I told him to send back all packs that there was a problem and that GH would most likely replace them

Take Care and Peace
Marco
fakea48 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote fakea48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 01:09
Originally posted by Solidopc

How can he say its jack herer, when he's saying its a haze/skunk red hair cross?

Is he trying to say he knows what sensi use to make jack herer? If he isn't, then i dont know why on earth he is even calling it jack herer, apart from to rip people, who dont know the difference, which is low ass shit.

I'm all for breeders taking sensis great strains, making crosses, and putting them out there, as sweetseeds have done, aslong as they give the original genetics used in the cross, and aren't just ripping off a name, with any old genetics. And the genetics, are on a par with the originals.

Not sure what they are up to at GH. They allways seem to push the sillyness too far. Coloured seeds was a bit stupid, but whatever. Ripping of strains using any old genetics is shite.

I wouldn;t mind if they said, these are our cross, using a jack herer male/female, and called it something unique. But copying the name, and putting whatever they think fits in, is not good.

I would of never of thought JH was a haze/skunk red hair cross, is a million years.
hi this info is at:
franco.gh
yes, ours is the Green House Jack Herer, 100% feminized, and we have the blessing of Jack Herer himself to release the strain that bears his name in the Green House feminized version!

franco.gh
the cross SK-NL was named Red-Hair Skunk. It is indeed a 3-way cross, but comes from the old Red-Hair line...
hope this is helpful

sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 07:36
lol ghsc is going to sell top shelf at generica prices? ... somehow I really doubt that, unless ghsc has become a cannabis charity rather a commercial enterprise.

Personally, I'm against the copyrighting of genetic material, but aren't Sensi's strain names register trade marks of the company? Ok there is no way to stop a competitor copying your product, but since when could they call it exactly the same thing?

maybe I'm a cynic, but this thread really looks like an attempt to get free advertising for ghsc and their 'new' strain.

sara lou %3ceed%20leaf
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Highasa View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Highasa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2008 at 10:30
interesting thread and i was wondering about trademarks etc.

Is it not difficult to impossible to trademark a product endorsed by a 'name'. I suppose you get into image rights, but them the image rights belong to Jack himself - unless of course sensi buy the image rights from JH and apply them to all types of cannabis.

It is a shame that GH feel they can do this as it surely devalues the name of JH, something that if it was me I would not want. On the other hand I don't suppose he gives his name away for free, something we wouldn't know, GHSC may well have given an endorsement fee.

If JH was a brand in itself as opposed to a, strain under another brand, then he  could should and would Trademark it - a bit like Howard Marks has done with Mr Nice seeds I suppose.

It is something that really should be looked into at SS as their strains are their main assets and the last thing that the company would want devalued!

Originally posted by sarah louise

maybe I'm a cynic, but this thread really looks like an attempt to get free advertising for ghsc and their 'new' strain.

sara lou %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

very good point, but then it could also backfire and SS sell more proper JH!!

right off for a reefer

%3c3crea%3c3cy
knobby View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote knobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2008 at 19:18
intresting .................... i wonder how much arjan is paying jack herer for his name ? we all know gh seed co buy there cups so looks like they have paid for the name too ..becuase if i was jack herer NO way would i let arjan get rich selling poor genetics with my name on the packet . 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>