Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

1000w HPS help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
milann View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote milann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1000w HPS help!!!
    Posted: 23 May 2005 at 19:49
hello
i am getting a 1000w HPS light for my room from heaven and i wanna know how much space can i light with it can hight of room be a problem and i what stage of growth shall i set flowering 12/12 will they grow faster with the big one i have watched a 150 HPs doing well so far with a 2x2m.square
closet looking forward in the new project
dmdm View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote dmdm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 08:41
hi milann, general rule is 50 watts per sq foot.

so 1000watt will cover 20 sq feet.

u will be totally shocked as 150watt in 4msq is like 36sq feet so u where only giving themabout 4watts a foot.

actully it will be less of a problem low light makes your plants stretch so by having proper amount of light plants will stretch less.

seed banks give a rough idea how your plant will finish but its your growroom that dictates how your plant finishes.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 11:07

I'd go with a 400w HPS plus a 600w HPS, or maybe 2 x 600w HPS.

You'll get less shadow in your room if your light is coming from more than one point.

Your plants may grow faster with optimum light, but the big difference should be that they'll grow much thicker.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
milann View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote milann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 16:02
yes but a 1000w is much cheaper than a 600w one what is the point of getting even 2 wich would be like 2x600 for the price of 3x1000 :) i have a friend at a shop that can sell them cheaper :) the bigger the cheeper shall i grom them 1 or 2 mounts before i swich to flowering 12/12 and is waiting the second mounth worth it how much yeld extra probali shall i harvest
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2005 at 19:26

A 1000w HPS is MUCH cheaper than a 600wHPS?

That seems a bit odd. Unless they're an old model which the shop is trying to get rid of...

Your friend at the shop can't also give you 600w lights at a cheaper price?

Anyway, if you can get 1000w ballast for a low price, go for it. Make sure that you can still get replascement 1000w HPS bulbs fior the lamp.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
milann View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote milann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2005 at 21:54
the 1000w is cheaper because i can use one but if i will get a 600w i will nead et least 2 or 3 because i have 3 sorts of seeds the 600w is also cheaper than they sell it in shops
dmdm View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote dmdm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 09:46
mmmmmmmm but isint the 600watt more efficient than the 1000 so saving money on electric bill and over the space of a few year a few quid.

also 2-600 will give u a lot more light about 200,000lumens the 1000 is about 150,000lumens.

and as u said u have more than one strain with 2 600s u could lower and raise one.

my 2cents worth.
stickyfingers View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote stickyfingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 08:13

millan type into your search engine indoor grow room,go to the light calculater it will tell you the optimum level to use,its very handy good luck.

rajasdope View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote rajasdope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 04:36
    Hey, I am using a 1000 Watt light right now. My plants were getting around 20 watts per square foot. I just decreased my grow space with a white tarp and it is now getting 40 watts per square foot. I am wondering if this will be enough to get great results. They were doing really well with the other conditions, but now I am hoping to maximize as much as possible. Just let me know what you think. I am also getting some co2 in there in the next couple of days. Any other suggestions for some organic indoor gardening? They're in bloom now for around 15 days. Thanks.
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 06:24
thats a fine amount of lite to give them
Check out Sensi Indoor Mix in Holistic's photo gallery!

Better to live one day on your feet than spend a lifetime on your knees.
 Post Reply Post Reply