Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

pot size

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pot size
    Posted: 16 October 2008 at 16:43
the pot you plant in, not the pot u smoke.  do some plants like a smaller pot.  two varieties I'm running, NL and ICE, both have responded well to the smaller pots.  the plants in smaller pots have developed thicker and quicker buds, and less height, and don't need the bending.  now the plants in the small pots didn't get transplanted either, so may be ahead in growth without the disruption.  im not sure
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 17:42
If upward height gain is a probelem - due to stretchy Sativa tendencies or the vigour of seed plants when first flowered - a smaller pot can  restrict root-growth and help keep plants shorter.

This would work better with soil than with hydro mediums, I think. With rockwool and hydro nutrient, it's possible to grow enormous plants from relatively small (4-5lt) pots.

Also, a smaller pot may help restrict height, but may also make plants narrower, as there is a relationship between the width of the root mass and the lateral extent of a plant's branches.

I'd be interested to see how a wide, shallow pot affected plant formation...
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 20:12

ganj thanks for the info.  side by side I prefer the small. 

whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2008 at 20:28
ganj

why can the big plants go in small plants hydro only?  ive seen pictures and often wondered how its done.  it must be a big solid root ball.
 Post Reply Post Reply