Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Super Skunk or Skunk #1 or Big Bud

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Maxyield View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Maxyield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Skunk or Skunk #1 or Big Bud
    Posted: 03 December 2008 at 03:58
What's happenin' everyone! %3coving%20it  Look I am looking to grow any 3 of these strain's, I am an experienced grower all will happen in hydro.  I am looking for good quality and good yield, I really like skunk varieties.  So my choices are down to Super skunk, skunk#1 or big bud.  I have never seen or smoked big bud but really hear mixed reviews.  Any input would be great.
mike View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2008 at 06:49
get a pack of each and just germ a few seeds of each to find a female then after awhile germ a few more seeds and see which females are better then keep those for mothers and clone away just useing the clones to see which plant you like best from each strain that away you have a couple differant kinds of smoke instead of the same old stuff day after day after day
help my plant's fell over and can't stand up
shawnsgotbomb View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote shawnsgotbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 04:47
I  would go with the Superskunk. It's nice mine tastes like red licorice.
I smoke medical marijuana
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 13:17
From the normal seed  range, I'd probably go for Super Skunk.

If you're talking about the feminised versions of these three, Big Bud might be the best choice (though the other two are excellent for the price).
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Maxyield View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Maxyield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 03:02
thanks, im talking about the normal seed range.  Is super skunk a comparable yield to big bud?  these plants will be grown in a SOG sealed room....any more input would be great
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 06:44
Super Skunk - € 44.00

Flowering: 45-50 days
Height: 120-150 cm
Yield: up to 125 gr

Big Bud - € 88.00

Flowering: 50-65 days
Height: 110-150 cm
Yield: up to 150 gr

I get the feeling that the shorter and tighter flowering period on Super Skunk will, in the long run, out produce the Big Bud... but I'd have to do a marginal analysis to be sure.

I wonder if I am too stoned for the maths... it might take a while and I'll need a beer.

BTW there is a link to the shop at the top of the page, the catalogue has more information on Sensi's product range.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 07:31
Taking the ideal plant figures over a 365 day year and averaging them between the flowering limits - Big Bud would produce 3.375 grams more per annum than Super Skunk.

I originally did the sums without accounting for the leap year. Didn't think it was significant, but with the figures so close it is worth running them over a longer period before coming to any conclusions and a range might be more useful than just the average.

Edit, actually the range on the single year figures is interesting... interesting in that it demonstrates how figures can be used to mislead.

the average per annum difference of 3.375grams varies by more than 2 oz, depending on whether you compare shortest flowering to shortest flowering, or longest to longest flowering to determine how many cycles/annum each strain can potentially produce.

eg)

Shortest flowering 45:50 = Big Bud wins @ +76.25 g/annum.

Longest flowering 50:65 = Super Skunk wins @ +69.50 g/annum.

So if anyone tells you that Big Bud out produces Super Skunk (or vice versa) by more than a couple of oz a year... they only did half the sum and didn't check for variance.

whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2008 at 08:00
that was the most amazing mathematical equation that i've read in a long time.  if only it was demonstrated using geometry w colorful shapes i might undertsand it.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 02:58
Actually it's just a series of small calculations... basic 4 functions only x, /, +, and - .

whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 03:08
SL

give yourself some credit.  you're very smart, with a great sense of humor.   beats dumb and angry any day!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>