Cannabis Forum > Hempflax > General
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Enviornment Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NORML4Cali View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote NORML4Cali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing Enviornment Question
    Posted: 06 December 2008 at 21:49
I live in a California county that has some of the lagest unused growing acreage in our state. This comes from an act called the Brown Act that set aside one residence per every 150 acres of land, this is effective in over 2/3rds of my county. Being the 3rd largest county in the state, this means we have loads of available land for miles, however hardly anything will grow out there due to soil and water issues. Most of the families that own the land lease it out for cattle collecting less than 50 dollars an acre from the ranchers, making these families land rich but dirt poor. What my county needs is a good agricultural commodity that can grow in this region, not only help out financially, but also becauseI do not want to see this area developed but used for job creation and green industry, that a bunch of houses and strip malls will pop up like weeds is biggest concern. This is the land owners concern as well yet whenever I bring up the subject of hemp production to these families I always hear the same reasons they say it will not grow and they are as follows:
1 The land is full of asbestos and some trace mercury, there was a mine out ther in the early 1900s for just those minerals, however it did pollute the rivers and the land and this is a concern.
2 the water out there is full of iron and sulphur, not only making it icky, smelly, and in need of filtration but wreaking havoc on equipment. With large resivoirs nearby however I believe that that problem could be solved by joining to Ca. Great Canal.
3 Thanks to Arnie it is still illegal to grow.
My question is does anyone have any pertinent information I can access to find out about these concerns in order to rally a bit more support in Cali to grow hemp. 
Thanks
KMS
 Post Reply Post Reply