Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Best strains for ScROG?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DCBIGBUD View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote DCBIGBUD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best strains for ScROG?
    Posted: 15 January 2009 at 12:33
I want to do a ScROG grow next time but i dont know what strain to get? Whats the best sensi strain for this method of growing? Would Jack Herer be any good ? %3ceed%20leaf
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2009 at 22:19
any strain will work well with the scrog method, so long as you give them enough veg time, and therefore giving them a chance to grow plenty of side branches.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Livingstone View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Livingstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2009 at 18:31
Hello.

Scrogging can be very exciting when it's your first time.

Having scrogged once before, I learned that it's best to choose a strain/phenotype
that has a higher percentage of sativa than indica.  That way you'll get the side branches
that you'll need to be able to train under the screen. %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

At the moment I have a Guerrilla’s Gusto lady that is sativa influenced, with crazy side
branching that goes on forever.  I haven't scrogged her though, she's LST'd (tied down with wire).

When choosing your strain, look out for 75% sativa, 25% indica genetics.  You'll eventually
find a phenotype amongst your plants that you'll be confident in scrogging.

Good luck with your challenge. %3c3coving%3c20it
DCBIGBUD View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote DCBIGBUD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2009 at 21:53
Cheers for the replys bartmanuk & Livingstone. I think i might go for the Jack Herer as i think its more sativa dom? Might be wrong i'll have to look it up again, anyway iv only got a couple of weeks til my others come down then i'll be onto th ScROG method.
chatterz420 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote chatterz420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2009 at 23:42

what is scrogging? lol

Livingstone View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Livingstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2009 at 00:40
Hi ya chatterz.

Scrog refers to the Screen of Green technique.

A grid of two inch squares, netting etc is fixed into position
above the pots.  The plants are then grown up to and then under the screen.
This creates a level canopy resulting in more bud sites being exposed
to the light provided.  After a few attempts, you should see an increase
in yield.

Good luck. %3ceed%20leaf
 Post Reply Post Reply