Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Cultivation Problems
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Browning leaves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
milann View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote milann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Browning leaves
    Posted: 26 June 2005 at 10:24
Hello, i have a little problem with one of my outdoor plants. some of the lower leaves turne brown like i have burned them with something as well as the branch some of the stemb is also drying fast!!! i am using a soil 3 kinds one of them is from last year where i tested with another plant i have watered the plant last night with a green cristal plant food wich soposed to have all the plant needs
will that do any good and what could couse the burning ??? the plant is in a crate on the top of my house so there is planty of wond sun exc...10x for helping
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 14:51

It's normal for lower leaves to turn yellow, then brown.

It's a problem if the leaves on the whole plant are becoming discoloured, but if it's just the lower ones, don't worry.

If the plant is on your roof, there's a chance that the surface of the roof is beocming very hot - much hotter than the ground would become in the same weather. If this is the case, then the lower parts of your plant might be getting slightly cooked by heat emanating from below. The underside of leaves is less heat-resistant than the top-side.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Tompa View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Tompa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 14:16
Sounds like a bug-problem to me.
NL#5xH
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 16:44

You'd probably see bugs if there was a bug problem.

Can you see any, milann?

milann View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote milann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 12:10
there are no buggs pls don't say that hahaha :) i fixed the problem for now with some mixed plant food it has all a plant needs and the plant stoped burning now it has small hairs i don't think i can call them buds but there are a lot and i wanna get a roll on it soon but it wont be ready atleast untill the end of next mount or so. i will leave it untill it is ready for now it is doing well :) i lost like 1/3 of the plant but still i hope to be a nice meat budds after all i also have 2 new plants small ones that i hope to grow next :)
skiba View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote skiba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 14:12

Hello

I've a big question what is the next:

is it possible that my flowering plants don't produce nice big buds because they are in too warm?

the temp is 30-31c when the lights is on.

is it too high?

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 15:29

Your temperature a bit too high (21-25*C is best), but it's hard to keep indoor temperatures down during the summer.

The extra heat should not stop your plants from flowering, though they may grow a bit more slowly (and might also stretch). The size of the buds might be affected, but not to a huge degree.

If your plants are producing much smaller buds than they have in the past, this is probably not caused by heat.

Flowering is affected by the hours of light (photoperiod) your plants get each day. Growing indoors, you must reduce the photoperiod to 12 hours of light, followed by 12hrs of complete darkness in each 24hr cycle.

After 10-14 days of this, your plants should be showing their gender. Continue the flowering photperiod for another 6 to 8 weeks.

skiba View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote skiba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 15:42

they were vegging and flowering for 3-4 weeks under a 250w hps. just the week before they were move to under 2x400w hps. their stalk not so strong.

it is possible that it is the cause?what r u think?

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 16:59

In total, how long have they been in the 12/12 cycle?

You say they were vegging and flowering for 3-4 weeks under the 250w. What part of that was an 18/6 cycle?

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2005 at 17:04

Also, good air movement inside your room can strengthen stems. This works best when giving plants a good breeze from the beginning, but it should have a positive effect on the stems of larger plants.

Slender stems can still produce very big buds (Marley's Collie is a good example of this), but the thicker and stronger the better, in most cases.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>