Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing > Indoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Multi-Strain Perpetual Farming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 38>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multi-Strain Perpetual Farming
    Posted: 06 February 2009 at 02:02

Here we go. First coco attempt for me. Well coco and perlite. Really hoping this goes well. If it does i might give up soil for good.

So. To start, i thought i'd go easy and just try two fem seeds in coco, using a 70/30 coco/perlite mix. The seeds were germinated in root riot cubes and potted tonight once they had both broken the surface.

Both are in 3 litre pots, which they'll stay in until there final pot into 10-12litre pots for flowering.

I flushed the coco through before putting the root cubes in, with 2 litres of tap water each, with 1ml of canna coco a+b added to each two litres, plus 1ml per litre of regen-a-root. This gave an EC of 0.64. I ph'd the water to 5.84 for the first plant, and 5.81 for the second. My ph metre is quite sensitive, so i didn't think the extra 0.1-0.4 over 5.8 really mattered. Or does it? LoL.

Anyway, they are all sorted now, and are in the veg area under a 125watt blue spec enviro with my ukcheese cut. I'll see how they take to the feeding i gave them, and increase/decrease depending. My tap water was 0.29 when i tested tonight, so i've added 0.35 extra of food. But they are still in the root riots which has a little, so i think it should be good.

Here are a few pics. First, the two together on my step. Second is the mendocino ch9 flower, and thirdly, if you can see it, is the sweet affie. It's just breaking the surface now behind a bit of perlite.

Any comments and/or advice is appreciated. Peace, Solid.

P.S. Don't know if the pics will work.

Green-Thumb Growing
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2009 at 02:23
Hello Solid,

Nice to see you and with a new log to boot. As far as substrates go, I think coco/perlite is the bees knees. I'm sure you will enjoy growing with it.

Unfortunately, I can't see any pics... hope that you can get that sorted.

Cheers,

sara lou %3ceed%20leaf
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2009 at 16:54
hows it going solid? sounds good dude, i cant see any pics either %3c3co%3c20high

im glad youve done this, as im still thinking about it, and didnt realise perlite was still needed for coco, lol.

whats the genetics of these two strains mate?
do i remember you saying the sweet afghani is a black dom?

im making a short list for some 100% indicas, and not sure what way to go yet, i want something with a blow your head off knock you out couch lock stone, and something with incredible flavour and aroma, but doesnt have to blow your head off, lol.

BM %3c3ceed%3c20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2009 at 20:32
It's aliiiiive...

Good to see a Solid grow thread running again.

It'll take a lot to shift me from using soil but will see how this goes. I know you're very taste and smell orientated like me, so be interesting to see your opinion moving away from soil.

BM - don't know if I just got a particularly potent one but that affie#1 I had was absolutely the 100% indi knock you on your ass couch lock for me. I've missed it since I ran out.
Sensi's collection of Indoor Cannabis Seeds

No Turn Unstoned
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2009 at 23:12
Thanks for the comments guys. Yes this should be an interesting one.

As for the pics, i tried linking them from somewhere else in the first post, which didn't work. Then i uploaded them to my post, and tried to post it, but the sensi site just went down all night, and i could not get back on allnight. I shall try again now.

BM - You don't have to use perlite with coco. I just have loadsof it about as i allways add extra to my soil. I've read that coco/perlite is a bit better than just straight coco, but i'd not care if i didn't have any perlite about, and coco would work just fine on its own.

tAs for the strains the sweet afghani is indeed black domina in fem version renamed by another company. (where's the black dom fems sensi!). It definatly hits the mark as a couch lock stone, though i find ukcheese left 12 weeks more stuperfying. I've noticed two main phenos from the 8 females i've grown of this strain. One stays very squat, with extremely tight internodes, and doesn't even double insize in flowering. It's not a big yielder, but the buds are rock hard, with a yellow/golden tinge, and have a lovely lemony hash smell and taste. I'm hoping the coco can improve the yield of this one.

The other pheno is a taller plants, with much more side branching. This will double in sizemaybe more and yields well. The smell and taste is just straight hashy, and the buds dark green.

As for the ch9 flower. It's the same sort of strain as Nemos CC. It has a choice of pollen fathers. Thbe mother used is one of mendos elite cali cuts, he just calls ch9 apprently. The possible poleen donors are ERSB, Jack Herer and Power Plant. This one is supposed to have a very fresh, sweet fruity smell and taste, with skuny undertones "reminisant of the best northern californian flowers", it quotes. Still not grown one of these to harvest, due to the male i had and the other being the spidermites best friend. But i keep hearing good things about his other ch9 gear, so i thought i'd give it a pop.

It will be interesting to see how the taste is affected. I will be flushing with either AN final phase or canna flush for at least two weeks. I think it can worj out perfectly, as i've smoked some amazing bud grown on hydro before. Just need to make sure it's flushed out well.

Anyway, that's about it i think. I'll try the pics again now. Both in the first, ch9 flower in the second, and black dom in the third if you can see it. It's well out the soil today, and both are basking in the light of my beautiful and clean veg room, LOL.

Green-Thumb Growing
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 02:22

Right, found out a little more about the ch9 plant used as the mother. Caught up with mendo/ch9 at another forum and asked what it was.

Apprently it's a mother plant they selected from their own breeding programs, and has a mazar-i-shariff background lineage. He says it's brings a nice branching structure to the plant, aswell as a quick flowering time presumably. As this is the closet of his strains to the ed rosenthal max49.

So there we have it, it's a mazar-i-shariff crossed with either ersb, jh or pp. I'm hoping jh.

Green-Thumb Growing
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 22:07
nice one solid,
do you know if the sweet afghani is a selfed black dom or have they used something else? i think this will be one of my choices to try 1st seeing as its in fem.

BM %3c3ceed%3c20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 23:46
Yes it's a selfed 1998 black domina. It's the plant that won the valencia cup that year i think.
Green-Thumb Growing
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 01:49
It's tough enough to get.

Dr. Chronic is out of stock. I'm mad to grow black domina but i think i'm gonna try get my hands on the sweet afghani delicious from sweet seeds and grow along side sensi seeds fruity juice.

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out!! How come you went coco solid?

%3ceed%20leaf
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 06:45

I've grown the sweet afghani a good few times now. Tough to clone unless in a bubbler. Most of them stay very short and squat and produce nice dense, hashy, lemony buds with that pungent afghani aroma. It's a firm fav of mine.

I'm trying coco because i've smoked somegreat coco buds, and love the denseness of them. Plus i've seen some incredible yields from coco grows, so thought i'd give it a go. I'll still have some soil plants going alongside, so i will be able to see which is best. I'm thinking coco will be if done right.

Here are some pics of one of my organically grown soil plants. This plant is called psychodelicia. A cross of a clone from the US, with a nepalese hash plant. This is another sweetseeds offering. I've tried a few of them now and loved them all.

This one is also a very stocky, squat plant. Bottom buds smell bubblegum sweet, the main cola smells of sour fruit. Not sure why the difference. It's at 40 days of 12/12 today. Great resin production from the word go with this one, and pretty easy to grow. Likes its food and is pest resistant, as it doesn't have a spidermite near it. I've allmost sorted them thanks to the cold weather we've had lately, and they are allmost unoticeable even on the one ukcheese left they still exist on. When that's comedown, i should have a totally spidermite free zone with any luck.

Green-Thumb Growing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 38>