Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pistils browning early??

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
Avatar

Joined: 27 June 2007
Posts: 874
  Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pistils browning early??
    Posted: 08 February 2009 at 01:55
I gave ia slight squeeze to the top main bud on my white label AK. Where i grabbed has turned the pistils brown.

Can grabbing a bud damage a pistil and force it to brown??

Does anyone know what this might be. It's very localized to a mere 3-4 pistils.

Please and thank you

%3ceed%20leaf
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
Back to Top
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
Avatar

Joined: 17 February 2008
Posts: 2874
  Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 10:51
it most certainly can dude, buds can be bruised as easy as a bit of fruit im afraid, shouldnt do it to much harm tho mate.
 
 
BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Back to Top
ASDER View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower
Avatar

Joined: 30 July 2008
Posts: 164
  Quote ASDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 12:51

Ya mate, was in the 'dam recently and made a trip to the cannabis college where they have a working indoor garden and was told there not to touch the buds if possible.the guide told me that they have to dump the weed they grow cos too many people handle and touch the buds and ruin them.

Asder%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3c3ceed%3c20leaf%3ceed%20leaf

Live and Learn!
Back to Top
Nemo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
Avatar

Joined: 26 February 2007
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 1041
  Quote Nemo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 12:52
Originally posted by bartmanuk

it most certainly can dude, buds can be bruised as easy as a bit of fruit im afraid, shouldnt do it to much harm tho mate.
 
 
BM %3c3ceed%3c20leaf


Yup, you can brown them just with too hard a spray of water. Shouldn't case any problem if it's localised though.
Sensi's collection of Indoor Cannabis Seeds

No Turn Unstoned
Back to Top
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 17 November 2007
Location: In low orbit.
Posts: 3617
  Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 13:17
Originally posted by Jonney

I gave ia slight squeeze to the top main bud on my white label AK. Where i grabbed has turned the pistils brown.

Can grabbing a bud damage a pistil and force it to brown??

Does anyone know what this might be. It's very localized to a mere 3-4 pistils.

Please and thank you

%3c3ceed%3c20leaf


*insert bitchslap here*

rule 1: don't touch the fecking buds
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Back to Top
OrganicGaz View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
Avatar

Joined: 15 June 2008
Location: United Cannabis
Posts: 175
  Quote OrganicGaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2009 at 19:52

jonney I gave ia slight squeeze to the top main bud on my white label AK. Where i grabbed has turned the pistils brown

Control yourself jonney you should no better lol
Back to Top
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
Avatar

Joined: 27 June 2007
Posts: 874
  Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 20:57
Ha right fair enough lads/lassies.

Now that i actually think about it it does seem like a stupid thing to do!

Ah well live n learn n all that!

%3ceed%20leaf
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
Back to Top
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator
Avatar

Joined: 13 June 2003
Posts: 6797
  Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 10:08
A heavy rainfall or close-up spray of water can bruise white pistils and turn them brown. If this happens to a whole plant, it might give the false impression that the plant is approaching maturity.
If the size of the buds and the flowering time don't agree with the colour of the pistils, assume the buds/flowering time is correct.

Quite often, if a calyx/pistil becomes senescent well before the normal end of a plant's cycle, a new calyx with a white pistil will grow nearby (or over it). I've seen plants halfway through their cycle with 80% orange hairs (due to spraying) go on grow a complete surface of white pistils/new calyxes.

Brown pistils just mean that the calyx they're growing from can no longer receive pollen.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Back to Top
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
Avatar

Joined: 27 June 2007
Posts: 874
  Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2009 at 13:41
Originally posted by Ganja

A heavy rainfall or close-up spray of water can bruise white pistils and turn them brown. If this happens to a whole plant, it might give the false impression that the plant is approaching maturity.
If the size of the buds and the flowering time don't agree with the colour of the pistils, assume the buds/flowering time is correct.

Quite often, if a calyx/pistil becomes senescent well before the normal end of a plant's cycle, a new calyx with a white pistil will grow nearby (or over it). I've seen plants halfway through their cycle with 80% orange hairs (due to spraying) go on grow a complete surface of white pistils/new calyxes.

Brown pistils just mean that the calyx they're growing from can no longer receive pollen.


Cheers man.

%3ceed%20leaf
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down