Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Making the switch 18/6 to 12/12

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
keydet46 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote keydet46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Making the switch 18/6 to 12/12
    Posted: 07 March 2009 at 02:45
My girls, hopefully, are at about 45 CM. I am doing a slow switch from 18/6 to 12/12, I am right now at 15.5/8.5 and will be at 12/12 in a week.
My question has to do with the switch of nutes. I just gave them the last feeding of high nitrogen and today picked up some Grotek monster bloom. My plan is to feed them the monster bloom and maxicrop seaweed on day 1 of the 12/12. The directions on the monster bloom says it should be used in conjunction with a regular fertilizer program.%3confused
Should I be adding some of the high nitrogen, I was using Miracle.grocoming in all purpose initially, or should I get something else for the flowering phase? The people at the hydro store just love seeing me coming%3cmilein. They have some stuff in there that they must thing is pure gold. The monster bloom was expensive enough!
As you get older, time seems to speed up! Slow it down by planting a seed and wait for it to grow!!!!
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 03:11
I use growtek monster bloom it is very good. And will last for ages, so they didn't rip you off. You only need 0.3grams per litre of it, it's very concentrated. But it is a PK boost, an additive, not a bloom nutrient. You can start adding it from week 3 onwards, but i only use it week 5-7 sometimes less.

The maxicrop seaweed extract is good stuff, but also is not a grow nute, but an additive for overall plant health.

You could do with a specific grow/bloom nutrient to go with your seaweed extract and MB. You might also consider a bloom stimulator which you can use from day 1 of flowering onwards. I'm not sure where you live, so don't know what to adivse.

If you are in europe and want to grow organically, biobizz grow and bloom, or bio-canna vega/flores are good. Biobizz is slightly cheaper and is what i've used for years now. Very good organic nutes. OMRI and SKAL listed, and great taste. The bio-canna is a bit more expensive but supposed to be good aswell.

If you're in the US or Canada, i think the consenus is the pure blend pro organic range is the best, as nobody seems to offer biobizz or canna over there, so everyone uses this stuff. Not sure how much it costs.

Saying you went for biobizz, its about £12 a litre for the grow and bloom, and you use both during flowering, as your plants will often yellow early to mid flowering after the stretch, as that uses up N. I can't say how the others work, but this works well and it's not easy to burn your plants badly with biobizz. Be careful though, as i've hesard say miracle grow is a strong soil, so don't feed more than 1ml per litre of each unless they show signs of a def.

Now for the lighting change. any reason you are doing it slowly over time? I've bever heard of an indoor grower doing this before. It's totally fine to switch the lights straight to 12/12 from 18/6, and wont cause any harm, and will save you time aswell. I'd put the lights on 12/12 right away if i was you.

Let me know if you want to know anything else. Good luck.
Green-Thumb Growing
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 10:05
Originally posted by keydet46

My girls, hopefully, are at about 45 CM. I am doing a slow switch from 18/6 to 12/12, I am right now at 15.5/8.5 and will be at 12/12 in a week.
My question has to do with the switch of nutes. I just gave them the last feeding of high nitrogen and today picked up some Grotek monster bloom. My plan is to feed them the monster bloom and maxicrop seaweed on day 1 of the 12/12. The directions on the monster bloom says it should be used in conjunction with a regular fertilizer program.%3c3confused
Should I be adding some of the high nitrogen, I was using Miracle.grocoming in all purpose initially, or should I get something else for the flowering phase? The people at the hydro store just love seeing me coming%3c3cmilein. They have some stuff in there that they must thing is pure gold. The monster bloom was expensive enough!

im with solid on this one mate, get that light on 12/12 as soon as possible, all you are doing is wasting time, as your girls wont actually start flowering until they get 12 hours of darkness.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
keydet46 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote keydet46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2009 at 11:10
Now I am more confused than ever. Not your fault, I guess I am just slow! I can procure Biobizz Grow or Biobizz bloom. Which should I get? I also can purchase a product called Bushmaster.  Here is what the add says about it.

"The proprietary recipe will speed up the transition to bloom while decreasing internode spacing resulting in tighter flower clusters and bushier compact plants. Works well in soil, hydro, or as a foliar. A must have for omega gardeners or vertical growing systems"

I guess I shouldn't use the monster bloom until the plants are actually blooming, and then sparingly and stop a couple of weeks before harvest. As far as the lights go I had read somewhere that was the way to simulate nature and give as little stress as possible while making the transition. We'll be on 12/12 tomorrow. I was planning to go to 50 CM before the change.

As you get older, time seems to speed up! Slow it down by planting a seed and wait for it to grow!!!!
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2009 at 03:28
You'll need to buy both, you use the grow during flowering aswell as the bloom. They work very well together. Not sure about the bushmatser, you should eb good with just the grow/bloom and monster bloom from week 3.
Green-Thumb Growing
keydet46 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote keydet46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2009 at 12:10

Just thought I'd post a pic of the girls just before I made the swith from 18/6 to 12/12. I take them for a walk out into  the natural light each day to give them some fresh air. They seem to like it!!!!!

keydet46 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote keydet46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 17:21
I think my eyes are decieving me but is it possible for a plant to show signs of sex after only two nights in 12/12? If it is I just may be one lucky sucker because I have at least 3 out of four females!!!!!!!! I could swear I am seeing white hairs right at the nodes. I tried to take pictures but my camera wont focus that close.

Could this actually happen?
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2009 at 22:58

I think my eyes are decieving me but is it possible for a plant to show signs of sex after only two nights in 12/12? If it is I just may be one lucky sucker because I have at least 3 out of four females!!!!!!!! I could swear I am seeing white hairs right at the nodes. I tried to take pictures but my camera wont focus that close.

how long did you veg them for? they could be pre flowers, which are not a 100% definate sign of sex, but are usually a good sign, these appear once a plant reaches sexual maturaty.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 01:39

If they were close to preflowering they probably would have shown gender even if you hadn't swapped the lighting. Like Barty said, preflowers are a pretty good guide to gender... but not perfect.

Personally I've never seen anything show female preflowers that later turned out to be a male, but I have seen a number of plants that appeared to be male, early on, that weren't. Now I don't toss anything until I see a true cluster of pods.

Good luck with the flowering.

sara lou %3c3ceed%3c20leaf
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
keydet46 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote keydet46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2009 at 04:32
Three of the plants are defiantly showing signs of Little white hairs, only one or two, at some nodes.
 Anything that is suspect I plan to move to the sun room during the day, then into a closet for the night. I wont be tossing anything until I am absolutely sure. I really didn't veg that long. It was exactly 30 days from the time I posted the first pictures until I made the switch. I am going to go back and try to figure out exactly how long it was. Do you count from germination or from seedling?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>