Cannabis Forum > Hempflax > A €100,000 Reward to Prove Us Wrong!!
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 08:45
it s not my style to show people what is the problem with their fantastic ideas
Fantastic ideas work, if it doesnt, the idea has some problems in it.

The main problem in this bizniz is  EARTH IS NOT A CONSUMER
create a budget for the earth, let scientists decide what earth would buy for her money

The problem has a solution, it will cost much more than 100.000,= to give that planetwide solution..
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2010 at 08:52
last 2 messages were for free:

profit is the bottleneck

Earth is not a consumer

2 problems, 2 solutions
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2016 at 22:54
the only way to save the planet is to turn off the internet and leave it off and stop using HID lights forever. even if you find some new and improved way of generating electricity and stop generating co2 and other green house gasses you still have the problem of the heat waste generated by all electrical devices and the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere. so its noble what you said but we can talk privately about the payment.

http://physics.ucsd.edu/do-the-math/2012/04/economist-meets-physicist/

just as a side note but if you do decide to pay up i would like to split the reward 50/50 with the author of the paper.

and just in case anyone in the future wanted to drink any fresh water they had better think about this, Biomass (crops grown for the purpose of fuel):  40,000 to 100,000 gallons per megawatt-hour.. and before you say solar desalination plant you still have the problem of heat waste and water vapor in the atmosphere.

http://michaelbluejay.com/electricity/fuel.html
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2016 at 11:29
so i'm pretty sure that the embedded water costs and consequences of this will make it non-viable in a couple of hundred years too. so hunker down kids its looking like a rough ride for your descendants no matter what we do.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2016 at 11:49
you should be breeding fast growing cacti that can live on dew point moisture alone so you can colonize or stabilize desert areas rapidly as the climate shifts as it will.  
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2016 at 14:05
and finally co2 is good, water vapor bad, mechanical and electronically derived heat waste also bad. co2 levels directly relate to plant growth and end dry organic material weight so higher levels makes happier plants. plants transpire water vapor, water vapor collects thermal radiation from any source not just the sun like co2 does. this is the tricky bit, take the water vapor out of the air. the temps would go down naturally but how you do it without electricity and the heat generated by the process and all of this on a global scale is a mind boggling question. pretty sure there must be some kind of organic way of doing but who knows? not sure what the consequences of that type of Geo-engineering may be but with the way things are its going to take some serious abstract thinking to solve the problems that face us as a sentient race of beings who's future descendants are facing extinction in the not so distant future. (in the geological sense)
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2016 at 15:01
i would like a riposte or rebuttal at some point please.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2016 at 23:45
oh and just on a further note when you say "soil restored", could you describe to me the action by which the hemp or flax will "restore" the micro flora and fauna in the soil that has been destroyed by over use of chemical fertilizer and pesticides and herbicides over the last century as that would seem like a pretty big task to me and i dont think hemp can do it and im pretty sure they wont just spontaneously reappear either. again i await your counter.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2016 at 19:36
just a little more food for thought about practical realities and growing populations versus finite natural resources.

http://www.devex.com/news/time-to-end-the-false-debate-of-organic-vs-mineral-fertilizer-85982
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2016 at 19:55
usually when someone doesnt reply to a retort to their claim on the internet its because they find their defense untenable. i would like a reply rebuking what i have said in terms of saving the planet with hemp. 
Nec Plus Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>