Cannabis Forum > Hempflax > A €100,000 Reward to Prove Us Wrong!!
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
seeroseero View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2005 at 14:51
Originally posted by averagestoner

I also think that if this scenerio WERE to happen that all hell would break loose and government and law enforcement as we know it would come to almost a halt and we could get away with a lot more things.

That's what were all waiting for no? A complete turn around?

It's obvious we have a lot of changes coming. This Tsunami was not just that! Did you hear that in wells in Virginia water levels went up and down about 3 feet at time of the quake... for about 5 hours...

Lets see what the years 2005 brings us

I think Hemp will absolutely breakthrough again and most likely become a regularly used resource again by many governments. Simple reason being that they can not keep denying it's versatile use NOR it's benificial uses for our daily products like paper (US dollar bill), clothing, fertilizer, medicine, construction materials, oil, etc, etc...

Use Hemp & Spread the Word!

Seero 

Edited by seeroseero
dr-ben View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote dr-ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 21:09
I totaly agree.... hemp is the futur for human people. but for exemple, in France our government cannot tell the population that it's true, they fight against hemp and cannabis.....
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly!
anyhandle View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote anyhandle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2005 at 04:52

Can any of you book worms answer this for me and its a serious question,

When a volcano erupts doesnt it release a collasal amount more pollution then the burning of fossil fuels ever has (cfc excluded which are a serious problem)?

Excuse my ignorance but its just a thought.

Always have one foot dancing
20'Thai View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 20'Thai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 15:10

Jeff,

As with all things that are natural and contaminate the Earth, a volcanoes spew is also self filtered/brokendown by the Earth's own imune system as such.  Also, the amount of pollutants given of given off by the burning of fossil fuels is thousands of times more contaminating to our atmosphere than what's given off by a massive Volcanic eruption.  For the majority of contaminent given off by erruptions that spreads the globe over or afar, is mere ash.  Lava just takes the path of least resistance to the peripherii of the base of the volcano.  Suphur, Monoxides and DiOxides given off by even the most massive of Erruptions is but a shadow that is given off worldwide win one month of fossil fuel combustion. 

Where many are tricked into thinking it is the other way around, is that ash and sulphur is visible, wheras Monoxides and all other gases given off by fossil fuel combustion are mainly invisible.

Notwithstanding the enormous damage which is created by emptying out massive underground deposits of crude oil.  For they are there for a purpose, and it is not for us to burn.  For as with all contained inside the earth, are there for the purpose of 'physical and chemical Equilibium' for the earths well being, and have taken millions and millions of years to reach their sufficient natural stability/equal,  with respect to itself and ALL surrounding heavenly bodies.  As all heavenly bodies are 'relative and interconnected' - the closer they are with respect to one and other, the more delicate this relativity and the easier it is to upset it.  But you will not have any 'petroleum Magnate controlled media'(which is all media), admit this openly and regularly to the masses for it's against their vested intrests.  As is the forced banning of all Cannabis products by them at the turn of the last century in an effort to force the world into using all petroluem byproducts such as Nylon, instead of hempFibres. 

It is these same entities that have brought up the entire world into believing that such things as indescriminant overly consumption of anything on earth is a good thing, as there are other things that are just as bad or worse - which in reality aren't.  It is no wonder that we are now beginning to see the effects of such actions onto the Earth.  Global warming is now a scientifically proven fact. The frequency of natural calamities and disasters is at an all time high and increasing all the time.  What we have experianced so far is but a warning from mother nature, and not the last of them.  They will get worse before they get better - as independant authorites on this subject will tell you.

So it not only bad enough to be contaminating the earth's atmosphere with fossil fuel derived vapours and smoke, but the cavities alone which we leave in the earth after extracting the crude oil means that tectonic plates spanning oceans and continents, as well as the other surrounding grounds, are made unstable - and hence the more occuring slippages/re-settle'ings resulting in the initiation of tsunamis, earthquakes and tremors.

So it is bad to burn fossil fuels for more than just one reason - let us not forget that Global warming also is a rsult of the same issue.

All in all Jeff, I wonder what else the world holds in stall for use for using the crude oils?

I look at the world as all do, but I see something different

Always do RIGHT; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
anyhandle View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote anyhandle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2005 at 16:13

just curious 20 " thai but what is your profession?

Always have one foot dancing
20'Thai View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 20'Thai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 06:54

Gynaecologist.  For good looking women under 35yo only...It's a tough job, but someone has to do it Jeff.

I look at the world as all do, but I see something different

Always do RIGHT; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
420timer View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote 420timer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 00:22

waaahahahaha!!!

Man... Some people just have to toughest job! Need any trainees 20??
I'm good with my hands, I got eagle eyes and cats love me!

You know. the story though is quite interesting. Only recent I learned the reason why in Holland we don't/ can't drive on lineseed oil.

The government had long time ago decided that ANYTHING that 'moves' and engine should be taxed. So... you technically can just go to the store and buy a couple of liters sunflower oil (for instance) and use it. It works fine, for older diesel engines. It's just not allowed. (tax evasion). and they get you hard for that one....

What a sad sad situation

seeroseero View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 20:36

20'Thai,

Do you also know anything about the difference of the exhaust/ pollotion produced by linseed oils and fossil fuels??

Ciao, SeeroSeero

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 13:22
Originally posted by Mazaar

..So much is true.. But its also a perfect accumulator-plant, why many beleive its good for cleanup of soil.. These people (u guys)forget about one detail, and thats why your wrong.. 

Since the plant accumulate pollution as well as energy, this pollution is released whith the energy when burned(or "decomposed" in any other matter)and we therfor havent solved the problem, only pushed it away.. 

You're a little off the mark, I think.

Hemp can be used to rid soil of excessive, harmful build-ups of fertilisers and related chemicals. For instance, hemp is an excellent choice for ridding soil of excessive Nitrogen. This N is used in the plant's metabolic processes.

The N is not destroyed - energy IS indestructable, as you point out - but it's converted into other forms.The N is certainly removed from the soil by the plant.

A large proportion of the chemicals extracted from the soil may be found in the foliage of the plant.

If that foliage is allowed to fall to the ground and decompose back into the soil, the chemicals can return to the soil.

If not, the foliage can be made into compost and the extracted chemicals may be released into an area which might benefit from them.

As far as I know (and I accept I could be uninformed), cannabis is not used to rid the soil/environment of dangerous chemicals, but to control those substances which the plant is known to use in great quantities.

As for CO2, you're vaguely correct in saying that it's not REMOVED from the biosphere... nothing is removed from the biosphere, unless it's shot out of earth's orbit (even orbiting stuff will return to earth one day).

The only way CO2 can be broken down into carbon and oxygen (the two prequisites of carbon-based life) is by photosynthesising organisms.

During photosynthesis, most of the oxygen in CO2 is released, allowing non-green life to breathe.

The carbon part of CO2 is taken by the plant to form glucose, which the plant uses as food.

Since a plant is a carbon-based lifeform, like the rest of us, it's kind of true to say that the carbon is locked inside the plant, just waiting for a chance to turn into CO2 when the plant decomposes or burns. But this is how the planet works. The only way that CO2 is locked away for any length of time is when it's claimed by the deep oceans. And it still returns to the atmosphere eventually.

The Greenhouse Effect is a result of several centuries of producing CO2 in amounts that are enormously greater than the natural cycle of the earth.

So there's no new CO2 in the atmosphere - there is and always will be a set amount on the planet - but we have a few centuries/millenia worth in the atmosphere right now, which is more than the existing photosynthesising organisms can process.

That's why the only possible solution to the climate change caused by greenhouse gases is to reduce the amount being released. If we as a planet ever get this under control (which seems to be the premise of the 100K challenge), THEN green life may be able to help reduce dangerous levels of CO2 by 'locking it away'. But we can only reduce the amount in the air, not the amount on the planet.

But it's pointless at the moment, because we increase emissions year by year.

Edited by Ganja
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
dmdm View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote dmdm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 10:12
yeah my mate is going on about the amazon rainforest is gonna turn into a gigantic co2 plant, scary thought.

i think lots more could be done to help tho maybe need to geneticly mutate giant redwood trees into super duper sized trees which can lets say use 10 times more co2 then place them in cities ,industrial areas then plant vast areas of hemp for its uses 1 being feeding super trees.

ah thought if co2 rises will trees adapt to this ie if the smallest plants grow a little more then the ones whos place is taken then they will also have to grow more to compete.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>