Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Male Hermie???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lightsfan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote lightsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Male Hermie???
    Posted: 29 March 2009 at 07:06
I was collecting pollen from A nice G-13 Haze male & I found 2 white female hairs comming out of one of the pollen sacks.I guess its A male hermie?.Will this pollen make hermies as well? I have never noticed this in the past.
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2009 at 00:39
my man!  out of 10 g13haze i got 7 male, 2 males showed quite a bit of girlyness so i axed them.  i ended up selecting 1 out of the 7.  it was the darkest and had the most dense clusters of balls.  my man chamber was very makeshift w ample light leaks.  so did i cause it?  who knows, but either way i dont like herms or those who herm fairly easily.
lightsfan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote lightsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 08:35
My male box is also not the best,I could have done it with bad air flow/heat build up.Way too hot & A fan would spread it around.I only found 2 hairs & he has tons of pollen flower clusters.I spoke with DNA about it & they say not to worry about A hair or two,that the offspring will NOT be hermie under normal conditions..It worries me A bit,but he is just too nice & strong,not to try A small batch.I can freeze some of the pollen for A few months while I test A few fresh seeds.??.I hate & destroy hermies too,but almost everything will do it if they are mistreated.Its their will to reproduce/survive....Years ago I had A surge protector plugged into some fans,in my flower room.It had A red LED light inside of the on/off switch & I didnt realize it until I found hermies one day...I still sit in the dark/off cycle flower room from time to time,just to be shure.LOL.
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2009 at 19:08
you see i think its quite poss that we both stress induced our males to trannie w poor conditions.  the male room for me was very temporary, and was no place place for a proper lady to be seen.  unless i put her in there for a lil orgy.
lightsfan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote lightsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2009 at 02:24
Probably so Bro,after all this stress,to me & the male,I have decided to build A male Hotel,complete with its own air conditioner & carbon filters for air comming in & going out,to keep the pollen out of the rooms air.Then any lady can come to the Hotel,to stay the night,without any unwanted fertilization/seeds on other girls. My G-13 Haze father has A few purple flowers on top of the cluster tops & cold temps have nothing to do with it!.
 Post Reply Post Reply