Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Smokers' lounge
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Drying and curing buds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
swaisland View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote swaisland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drying and curing buds
    Posted: 04 August 2009 at 23:13
sorry i no this aint the rite page ddnt kno were to post STONER MONENT i think

erm so wat was it....

ive just cropped some out door grown early pearl.

the buds stink real fruity  ive just dried a bit took around 6 days. it grinds up really well and smells good.
but the thing is when i smoke it dnt taste to good.  and its a lil bit like menthol ''strange'' .

so could any 1 tell me if i cure it   will it keep that real fruity taste n smell...
or is my WEED done for ~.#......?

and i still have some growin (maybe u could tell me best way to dry )

really appreciate it

the very STONED jack

ooooo im a ganja planta yeh ..they call me the ganja farmer...
'
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 23:49
first I think there isnt evrything dried on your plant, it may take 2-3 weeks  and secondly the smell when smoked may be better when youre going to ferment it after its really dried

The technique of fermantation is employed to get rid of the remaining chlorophyll in the in the plant parts; this is done because a low level of chlorophyll will make the smoke smoother. The parts of the plant that are to be fermented are put loosely into a jar, which is must be closed witha lid (cling film does the job, but make sure it is air-tight). The jar is then left standing for a couple of days for about two days. Then the glass should be opened and the plant parts in it stirred, to prevent mould from forming. This process is repeated every 2 or 3 days. Don't worry if it starts smelling a bit, thats pefectly normal.

The process takes about 2 or 3 weeks to finish. The end point is reached if the plant parts are more or less dry (it should feel a bit like the tobacco in a cigarette). Unexperienced people should try this process with a small amount of plant parts first to get the hang of it. You wouldn't want to loose your whole harvest just because you forgot to air it. Also, if the harvest turns mouldy, throw it away... it can be very unhealthy to smoke or eat mouldy plant parts.

If you have a large harvest and want to reduce the risk of loosing it in the process, ferment many small portions instead of one large portion. If one of them gets mouldy, then at least it won't spread across the whole harvest. Furthermore, if it did get mouldy, wash the jar (or whatever you used) thoroughly with hot water before using it again, otherwise spores might remain in the glass.

and for your plants who are still flowerimg make sure you give no more fertilizer the last 10-14 days and wash out the soil with clean and much water the last week, if fermentation and more drying doesnt help your plant was maybe getting too much nutrients especially to much nitrogen. my best smelled outdoor plants I ever had  ( it was SuperSkunk x top44)were really washed out from nitrogen and became yellow  leaves some days before harvesting and the smell was really like an indoor plant...hope everythings comes good with your earn mate

cheers

swaisland View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote swaisland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2009 at 23:58
thank you very much...

how dry should the bud be wen i start the curin prosses
'
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 00:09
no problem I would recommend you to do this when theyre really dried so about 2-3 weeks after cutting from outside and for better quality I recommend to cut the leaves when the plant is allready dried. never put some half dried buds in a glass to ferment cause they can begin to mould and this is the worst thing could happen

Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 01:35
My test to see if the buds are dry enough to go into jars and cure, is bend the stems of some buds. If the branches snap, they are ready to go into jars, if they bend, they are not.

Not sure why the buds taste funny. I usually find if they smell good they taste good too. How were the plants grown? In soil pots? What nutrients did you use? Did you flush the plants before harvtest, or feed right up until chop?

Green-Thumb Growing
skunkfunk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote skunkfunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 17:50
I dry my buds at about 18-24C. Takes about 2-3 weeks. I have a saying.....driest gets you highest!. I like my buds to crumble before they go in the jars. Every 2 days I open them all and turn them over a bit in the jars, leave off the lid for an hour, then close all back up. I do this for 2 weeks. Then leave for another 4 weeks, and to me they are cured and ready to smoke.....not saying you can smoke em as soon as they have dried, cause I do that while waiting for the cured one's.
Why did God give these Humans freewill...Now their all confused.
swaisland View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote swaisland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2009 at 22:17
cheers all................
ill take it all in mind

the only other queary i hav is i see a vid on youtube n some fella is on there showin how to cure ...n he recons the stem shhould be a lil wet includin stem
is this just boloks

i think ill hava try with a couple of lil buds experiment

try dAMP
AND DRY    see wat happens

anyways thank you all great info

'
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 00:22
Well i'll not say he's full of shit, i'm saying what works for me. But genetics plays a very large part in my experience. If the bud doesn't smell dank when wet, it won't smell dank when dry either. 
Green-Thumb Growing
 Post Reply Post Reply