Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing > Outdoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Southern Outdoor 2009/2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 07:09
Thanks BG, I thought I may as well keep going... plus the cupboard isn't as full as it was a month ago.

I think the mice must have taken up the cheeba, surely I couldn't have smoked that much on my own?

I'm keeping one PPP on for, 'just in case I want a clone for something', before I establish a mother of a new strain... I was tossing up between Hindu Kush and Maple Leaf Indica, but I think I want to try them both so I'll start with the HK and pick up another pack of Rud Indica for a (fingers crossed) spring flowering.

Then I'll begin the search for a suitable sativa dom to complete the set.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Destro Pesante View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 03:18
Sweet, especially the two shopping baskets.
Seems you came straight from the supermarket, you've got to give me the address some day %3cig%20smile

All the best!
S.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 13:53
The shopping baskets make things so easy... in the morning I just pick up a basket in each hand and take them out to the greenhouse and sit them in the sun. The plants only come out of the baskets when I need to treat for mites, feed/water is done in the baskets... runoff drains away freely through the plastic mesh. No fuss and no hassle.

I'm in the market for another couple of baskets, carrying out the trays with mothers and others is a pain in the butt by comparison. 
dacca1 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote dacca1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 12:51
Hi sarah louise !
I really enjoyed reading through your grow diary, hope to see more next round
Jakap80 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Jakap80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 17:31
Jup, I agree, it was awesome journey %3chumbs%20Up
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2010 at 22:26
nice cross program sarah. have news of your garden;and others?
here the health is "so-so"... . the weather: 30 to 34 degrees! and 24/25 degrees the night. plants are goods;except the temp. indoor.
hope somes good news.
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2010 at 06:55
Thanks everyone. Sorry for not getting back here sooner... health hasn't been good and winter is biting a bit harder than usual. No work done on the hothouse yet and we've had some very nasty winds, but they haven't manged to damage the structure. I expect she'll stay standing and keep protecting my plants from rain and heavy frost.

To update everything...

ATM we have around 0 - 2C o/night and up to 10 - 12C during the day... if it's sunny, a few degrees lower if it is overcast during the day and possibly a couple of degrees lower at night if the skies clear after a cloudy day.

The new greenhouse is on hold until mid summer. I was watching the prices on Ebay whilst saving the necessary and as the weather has cooled the prices have risen to almost double. lol I am happy to wait an extra 6 months... buy out of season and pay half of today's asking price. Now is a good time to buy lawn mowers and the like, but not greenhouses... seems everyone wants a greenhouse when it is cold.

As far as plants go... well everything listed in my most recent post with pics is still going.

One sk#1 mother went to a friend, was going to give her the 4 mothers but she only wanted one... so the other and the 2 ppp mothers are sitting on the bench in the h/house.

The shopping baskets of flowering clones are still flowering... feels like a long time but they'll go till around the end of the month. They have doubled in size and the stems are nice and strong... buds are small, lol to be expected as the temp range is approx 10 - 18C... up to 21C if they are under artificial light.

I had 2 small ppp clones out in the h/h earlier, they have finished flowering, flushed and are currently sitting in the bathroom while the coco dries off. I'll try and remember to take a pic, the colour is quite groovy...

The last groups of clones pictured are still going too... 4 sk#1 are involved I a little experiment, the other 6 have vegged on slowly... as with all the plants they had little food or attention from the end of May through June... nothing died. Oh, I tossed the reveg, cbf.

I need to take one more set of clones from the sk#1 to have plants for a September start... really don't think I can keep this group back long enough for an August start, let alone September.

The ppp clones are much smaller and still in starter pots and might be small enough to hang about in vegetative growth for August. August because the first lot of sk#1 clones will be finished and I will be able to refill the baskets... these will be the last ppp, wont be keeping a mother on any further.

Can you put clones in the fridge with roots? Well, yes... but they deteriorate very quickly because of the moisture from the the attached peat plug. Bare rooted may work better, I'll try that later when clones are plentiful again.

I think that is all the existing plants. Now the new stuff...

There I was, all set to buy the affie I have been a hankering after for so long...  and changed my mind and got a pack of Sensi fem mix instead. I am quite happy with the fem mix, don't gt me wrong there... but the mix doesn't have the one thing I was really after -  an unadulterated indica... so why did I buy it? %3confused Just stoned, I expect.

Anyway I set 6 to germinate, all cracked but lost 4 to damping off. Ouch! Cleaned up, warmed up and lighting on 24/7...  set another 4 to germinate, then seeded in peat pots. 2 up so far and the other about to break the surface. The 2 survivors from the earlier germination are looking good, pushing out 2nd set of true leaves as I type.

So I expect we will have a few rounds of 'what Sensi fem strain is that?' to play in the coming months.

I will upload pics next week, really not interested in uploading @ 7kb/s... it's a drama just opening the upload app.

That's about all for now, stay well and stay safe,

sara.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2010 at 13:47
so all is ok...as life goe on. there so many strains to discover or taste ;and not enough space to grow...! its a other drama... .
cheers sara;and stay well too.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2015 at 11:21
big hi from Brittany sarah !
how is the life ?
may be lots of spiders rain !!
and may be less "spiders mites" or others !
here in europe it's not so good for peoples.....mad world !
i have lots of good seeds but can't grow....i will,of course , turn this.

hope to read you again soon !

bg.
Wakitobaci View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Wakitobaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2016 at 17:07
Dear SL,

this is my first grow and it has not gotten off to a good start. I purchased two seed varieties from Sensi, 3 seeds Whte Widow Fem and 3 seeds Skunk Kush Fem ( this despite my friend saying it is exactly the same as sunk # 1 but more expensive).

since this is my first grow i was cautious and in effort to not waste expensive seeds used one of each, germinated in tissue paper one. once the white tails became visible i transplanted them to a soil mix. the seeds were placed very close to the top on the soil and only covered with 2mm of soil. I lightly watered the soil and left the pots in outdoor light. We are getting about 14 hours of light.

to my disappointment it has been ten days and the seeds have not sprouted from the soil.

I made sure the top soil was not too damp.

are these seeds lost or is there still hope?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617