Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing > Outdoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Southern Outdoor 2009/2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southern Outdoor 2009/2010
    Posted: 13 October 2009 at 03:28
Well spring is here and I have a few things on the go, too much to keep solely in memory.

The line up atm includes...

sensi skunk (8 clones, putting 2 into flower every few weeks to finish them off before we are too far into the new year)

skunk#1 fem (seedling, only the 1, lost 2 earlier to damping off. I'm hoping she'll taste better than the sensi above)

rud indica (f2, 4 female and 1 male, already flowering and tucked away in different places around the garden, 1/2 for seed)

PPP (5 seedlings, freebies so who knows what they are really, s'pose I'll find out)

Paul's sativa (6 seedlings, to go out up at the farm. local strain, similar to my triffids but a bit smaller and faster flowering. The last seed run with these was 2004 and the germ rate is down to about 50% so I've put out another 12 in anticipation of another seed run.

You might notice that Silver Pearl is not in the line up, unfortunately I didn't manage to get a single seed to germnate. Ah well, it was worth trying.

There is more activity in the veggie garden as well because I grow most of my annuals from seed. So far I have started...

tomatoes, lettuce, spring onions, carrots, parsley, basil, apple cucumber, Lebanese cucumber, zucchini, capsicum, Jerusalem artichoke.

sweet corn, pumpkin, watermelon, egg plant and chilli plants will need to wait until the nights are a little warmer.

Pics later, time for my nanna nap.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2009 at 10:39
sounds like a very nice medical/edible garden SL
ANDWHAT
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 05:38
Thanks Munzy, used to do a lot more on the farm but suburbia places limitations on the garden. There are a few perennial crops, strawberries, raspberries, black and red currants, lemons, asparagus, rubarb and a couple of globe artichoke which make a lovely privacy screen for a couple of revegging affies.

My lemon tree is a favorite, feeds me, the kids, neighbours and the local fish and chip shop.

For the first time in 7 seasons we are getting a 'regular' spring. Wet, stormy, windy, sunny... very unpredictable, but heck it's raining and a few more inches and we will be officially removed from the drought register for the first time in a decade!

It's a bit of a pain for me though, this morning I fed and watered everything, put my skunks out for a bit of sun and the next thing it was pissing down with rain and hail, soaking my just fed plants.

My rabbits weren't happy either, I'd also just put them out into their day pens to feed on the lawn. Well the bubs are back in with mum and dad is going to spend the rest of the day penned in the greenhouse.

Plants...

First up and not previously listed is the remains of my purple rud. I decided to plant the stump out in the garden to see if it would reveg in the lengthening days. It's still alive but not revegging the way the affies are.

Before harvesting for butter...

and afterwards...

Next up, a group shot from a couple of weeks back...

I usually separate the veggies from the ganj, but the other side of the greenhouse was being used for weanlings.

current seedlings pics from yesterday - sativas...

PPP and Skunk#1, skunk is in the coloured pot...

vegging sensi skunk clones...

And the ones that have already been flipped to flower. The black pots are 2 weeks in flower, the smaller red pots joined the group last night. Lousy weather yesterday meant they stayed inside... wasn't worth carrying them out and back again.

lastly, the seed run ruds, hiding out amongst ornamentals and as far away from the other plants as possible.

And just cause I love the little devils another bunny shot, 8 weeks old now and ready for sale. True breeding black minatures fetch $40 to $50 a piece around here.

munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2009 at 23:05
very nice read SL sounds like a full time job
ANDWHAT
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 00:45
TY Munzy, since retiring the garden is where I spend the bulk of my time.
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 00:49
wow, you are going to be busy this year sara %3coving%20it

am i right in thinking that the rud seed run will be producing f3's?

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 03:01
Better busy than bored Bart. Especially at the moment, I don't need to have time to think about how much I miss smoking.

Yes you're right with the rud indicas, the seed will be the f3 generation.

Last night I gave away the last of my bud. It was a moment of insanity where I cracked on to the idea that a complete break would be good for me (lol). What can I say? I was stoned at the time and I am already regretting it. It wont be a cold turkey detox though, still have cookies I can use to finishing weaning off over the next couple of weeks.

The plan is not to buy any bud and not to cut the first skunk clone before November 28th. I'm hoping that putting it in print here will help keep me honest.

Wish me luck?

sara %3cot%20smoki%3cg

Rastakolnikov View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Rastakolnikov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 09:30
good luck sara,
ur stronger willed than i am :)
Champagne for my real friends.
Real pain for my sham friends.
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 09:32
best of luck sarah louise with the no smoking i try and fail quite often i even got myself a "vapir2" which is really unsatisfying £300i used it a couple of times and broke it so straight back to smoking. need a way to ghet an instant hit without the smoke ???????????
ANDWHAT
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 12:04
Beautiful garden and inhabitants, Sarah Lou. Looks like a lovely place to spend a lot of your free time. Am I right in thinking you've got somewhat more than the the standard 1/4 acre block?

Winter's bearing down on us here in Dam, and spring/summer in the Southern hemisphere is looking so inviting. Not sure whether I'll be able to make it. Friends just left for NZ (where I've never been) and I'm a little jealous. Winter in Holland has lost its novelty for me.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>