Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing > Outdoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Southern Outdoor 2009/2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 22:11
Hi,

Sarah Louise! I may see a labiate, like foxgloves. But the Aloe, such beauty! Good luck in catching the John and getting the carrots going! I also like the hemp but could you not install a humidity cooler in the greenhouse next summer? You had less spider-mites and could let more light in. With the electricity scale it might help to bribe an office stallion, it sometimes seems to me.

Greetings,
Uli
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 16:23
hello! there always beautiful flowered colours in this south lat!!
beutiful shoot! my favourite is "bougainvilier" red or purple.there are three in your land and poor litlle here and only in serious greenhouse! get strong! and i like very much read your thread!! peace
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 12:41
lol I was sure I had posted a response here to you guys... distinctly remember typing it out... dunno what happened after that.

Aircon in the greenhouse is an interesting idea in theory, Uli, but not practical in the climate here. Mites are endemic in the region and farmers broadacre spray annually to kill off the mites in the hay crop.

Against this sort of background it is not possible to eradicate mites, but keeping a clean and tidy environment and a regular maintenance routine will control the numbers.

I always know when the end of the season has arrived... the updates slow, pics dwindle off and the last two skunks are sitting waiting in the hothouse... waiting for me to find the motivation to harvest them.

According to the microscope the resin is already 20% amber, so there isn't much to be gained by leaving them longer. I would have liked to get a pic of them before harvest though, so I may leave them until tomorrow (batteries in charger atm).

Yep tomorrow sounds good.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 17:25
Hi sarah louise,what a great grow diary,great reading!%3chumbs%20Up
Lovely plants too!
Wish we had the weather to grow outdoors like this and the privacy!I live in a housing estate.However, i just finished building our first veg bed and hopefully ill get some sort of crop from it this year,then next year maybe ill be able to hide a couple of canna plants in it too!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 08:42
Hi Alecky, glad to hear you've enjoyed this season's grow. LOL I know I have. I have a reasonable sized yard but little privacy, that's why the hothouse in an already hot climate. The only way to stop people from seeing them over the fences was to put walls around them and a roof on top.

And going by this year's harvest... if I am on target with getting plants up and vegged, I can easily meet my needs from home.... so no more dodgy shared grows (woohoo).

I hope your veggie plot has a good year.

Well, closer to the end again. I did harvest one plant last night and I will take the last tonight. It's a bit chilly for me to sit out in the greenhouse and trim there so I'll wait until after dark and bring it inside.

Then that's about it for flowering for the time being. The greenhouse needs some work to be functional for winter flowering so I might just take a bit of a break. There is a pile of clones inside... stuck some in the fridge, it works without roots so lets see if it works with roots.

The rest can just chill out with the mothers until I think about what to do with them.

Note, that is dog hair not webbing on the buds... one of my mutts moults continuously.

That's about it for now, I'll start a new strain in a few months time. Inbetween now and then I'll be rebuilding the greenhouse and hopefully installing a new one for veggies and ornamentals.

Then I expect to have enough room to breathe, I wont be able to just fill both greenhouses up with ganja because the new one will be more visible to the neighbours... but I am hoping it will mean my interests wont be competing for space so much.

Well that's the plan at least.

sara %3ceed%20leaf
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 13:20
I already miss having flowering plants... might have to sort something out, the thought of not having flowering plants until September is really too much for me to bear.
Destro Pesante View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 15:32
Hi Sarah Louise, always a great read your reports.
Good luck with the greenhouse.

S.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 16:42
Thanks DP. I may not have much to post in coming months, but I'll be quite busy, working behind the scenes to be ready to sneak in a spring flowering in prior to the days getting too long in November. 
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 16:19
Decided I might as well continue on with a few plants... despite having a fair whack in the cupboard, I do miss my flowering plants so I vegged my 10 clones on in their 300ml pots until they were filled with roots, picked out the best 8 and potted them up into 1.5L pots, gave them another 3 days of 18/6 and then loaded them into 2 baskets (for easy transport) and changed them over to a 12/12 light cycle.

They spend their dark hours in a heated but unoccupied room (as photographed) facing north (our sunnyside). The clones get widow light until I get up and look at the outside weather. If it is sunny they spend the bulk of the day in the greenhouse and return inside for 2 hrs of hps top up light before going back into the warm dark room until morning.

If the weather is very dull, raining or excessively cold, the clones will spend the day under hps with the mothers and few vegging bits and pieces.

Here's an earlier shot of them still vegging in their seedling pots (300ml).

They went into 12/12 on the 14th of May so I expect we will see some evidence of pistil clusters early in June.

There are a few other bits and pieces. One reveg sk#1 simply because I wanted to and the light was on anyway....

The mums of course, 2 sk#1 (soon to be 1) and 2 PPP (soon to be 1). Decided I only needed one copy of each strain, I have plenty of clone backups and I can use the space for other things. So when they next really need clipping, one will get clipped and root pruned before repotting and the other will be potted up and moved to 12/12.

Under the hps atm... clones, mothers and lettuce seedlings. Unfortunately had a bit of damping off with the lettuces this year.

Slightly closer showing the mothers, sk#1 to the rear, ppp to the front... will get natural dayight pics soon.

And lastly the 3 round of clones off my 2 sk#1 mothers and the first round off the PPP since topping the meristem.

PPP to the left and SK#1 to the right... flip knows what I am going to do with this lot... maybe trail some more in the fridge?
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 20:19
great! really. .....one day i will do the same! thanks sarah.for myself i think i will not do a PPP mother.impressive plant,taste quite well,but not for me! its like that. peace
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>