Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing > Outdoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Southern Outdoor 2009/2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2009 at 22:13

i know what you mean sara, i too prefer busy, bored takes to long, lol.

so how many generations do you think you will go to with them?

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2009 at 00:49
Thanks for the well wishes guys. Day 18 of no tobacco dawned with bunnies all over the place. The little buggers found a way out of the pen, 2 have been captured and 2 are still hiding out in the greenhouse. Given a choice between ganja and lawn the bunnies pick lawn every time, no worries about them eating my plants.

Munzy, the last time I stopped smoking I stayed clean for 18 months. That was about 14 years ago and I haven't seriously tried again until now.

I do have a large block, Ganja, in comparison with my neighbours. Maybe a mite larger than a 1/4 acre, but not by much, I just pack a lot into the space.

And Barty, I don't know how long I'll keep the ri going, it will depend on the flowering results.

No real changes in the canna garden apart from the plants n flower. The last 2 that went into flower are stretching quite noticably. In the past I have topped the plants a few weeks before flowering and spread across a few branches stretch wasn't so marked. This time, because the clones were fairly small, I've left the meristem intact and the difference is quite dramatic, an inch a day at least.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2009 at 10:58
This afternoon I moved the sativa seedlings into individual pots and buried them a little more deeply in the soil and gave the PPP and skunk#1 their first taste of nutrient water (very weak, approx 0.3ml/L).

It's amazing how cheap vegetables are here atm. 2 kg of carrots, 2 kg of apples, 2kg of sweet potatoes and a huge cabbage set me back a whole $5.75 (3.20 GBP).

Bunny smorgasbord.

That's not all the critters though, I have chickens as well. They are still a bit shabby looking after moultingbut giving me 2-3 eggs a day.

Now there was something else, the ri seed plants are starting to display my favorite colour - purple. Had a couple of lower than usual over night temps, around 3'C.

sara %3ceed%20leaf

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2009 at 12:28
Well bit pissed off, still don't seem to have the timing right and my 'vegging' skunk clones have started to flower. I potted them up 3 days ago and they looked a little suss, today it was obvious.

The 4 smallest hit the compost, it will take less nutes to grow new clones rather than wait for these to reveg. The 2 largest had been topped earlier and don't look to be as advanced so they've had a heavy prune, hopefully after the shock wears off they'll go back to vegging.

It seems a bit weird that the potted ones have begun to flower but the ones planted out in the garden are vegging. Oh well, that lightens the schedule a bit for the busy December/new year period.

The four that are supposed to be flowering are doing fine... fed today 2.5ml/L canna coco a+b and 1.5ml/L seaweed/molasses.

Seedlings all look fine, fed 1ml/L a+b, 0.5ml/L seaweed/molasses. Second tray of sativas are up, again around 50%.

The ri(f2) got fed the same as the flowering skunks. Snails are giving them a bit of a hard time, but this time my male is producing plenty of pollen.

On a brighter note, I picked my first strawberry of the season today.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2009 at 04:16
Tried to get a few pics today and the batteries gave out after about 3 minutes...

The earliest of the skunk clones to go into flower (now labeled A and B for convenience) at 20 days flowering... A went into flower at 15 cm, now 31cm, B started at 13 cm, now at 27cm.

this%20is%20A%20not%20B,%20file%20names%20are%20wrong.

With the warmer days these 2 are enjoying daily feeding.

More once the batteries are recharged.

sara %3ceed%20leaf
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2009 at 05:51
okies, the flowering skunks (A through D)

the seedlings, PPP and Skunk#1 rehoused in white pots other are all sativas.

Seeing as the extra skunk clones have gone there's enough room for the ruds in the greenhouse. Strange looking beasties, pictured with the topped skunks (E and F), I cut the male rud this am, they've have plenty of pollen.

And the last of the skunk clones, planted in the garden... still vegging? Well, not obviously flowering anyway.

And because I am a sucker for this plant, a cutting from Eloise the affie. There are a couple more of these in different spots testing whether the sites get enough light to produc buds.

Suppose I should go and check whether the stumps from winter are revegging (rif2 and affie x  ri).

later maybe,

sara %3ceed%20leaf
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2009 at 09:13
Nothing interesting, just a note to self -

Daylight table I was using wasn't accurate, day is only 14h,10m now, so the flowering skunks are no mystery.

I know they veg at 14,45 and they began to flower last year at 14,20 (when dropped from 24/0) and were revegging last spring by 14,38. This spring they dropped from 14.45 to 13.50 and showed flowering growth within 15 days (@14 hrs even). Need to get the scope out and check the one in the garden.

Yep, flowering just behind the potted clones. I'll leave that one to get a clearer idea on when the spring flowering period finishes for the strain.

Checked the ri(f2) and affie x ri for signs of reveg... no signs of any growth on the ri(f2) stump and the affie x r1 is continuing to produce pistils and foliage associated with flowering.

Straight affies (2 clones and one reveg) all appear to be vegging.

ASDER View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote ASDER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 03:25

Hi all Asder  here

havn't been around for a while - had to give up growing due to the fact i have made the big move to the southern hemisphere.am here just over a month and had to give up the smoke as i dont know anyone here and cant get my hands on any, even though im sure there is plenty around.

just stumbled on this post as maybe im thinking of starting an outdoor grow and as ive never done an OG before would love any suggestions or tips on when is a good time to start? where to get seeds etc... Any help appreciated

Asder%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf%3ceed%20leaf
Live and Learn!
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 05:27
Apart from the top end, the time to start is now. 
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2009 at 09:40
good garden SL .nature life as possible is THE life.! its near less than 10 degrees here! and my chickens had the "ass" frozen!: only one egg per days now(4chickens).hahah lol
take care of the PPP!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 17>