Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing > Outdoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Southern Outdoor 2009/2010

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Smot_Poker View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Smot_Poker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2009 at 06:36
Good to see your still at it. Had been meaning to ask why some of the pots in the pics were painted white, assumed it was a soil temp thing, is that why you have black milk bottles around the pots in some pics to attract the heat and keep the roots warm during the colder periods ?
Confidence - The feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2009 at 14:44
You assumed right Smot, it is a soil temp thing, or it was (don't use much soil now) and the black milk bottles are water filled to hold as much heat as possible. In winter here the soil temp drops to around 7-8C, with the water bottles and raising the pots up off the ground, container soils maintained a surviable 13-15C. whereas painting a black pot white dramatically reduces the substrate temperature if the pot is exposed to the sun. The difference isn't as dramatic if the pot sits in the shade.

Too hot this evening to pot up plants, things should cool off a bit by Tuesday. So I'll leave it until then or maybe not, I might get up early one morning and then again, I might not.

ambivalently yours,

sara %3ceed%20leaf
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2009 at 18:55
Originally posted by sarah louise

Thinking about giving this lark away completely, house got robbed on Sunday night. I lost some small electricals, antiques and my HPS, the flowering skunks and rud indicas.

Seedlings are with a friend, moved them off so the police could poke around without finding any ganj. The only consolation is that it was a professional group of thieves, so no mindless damage and no took a dump in the sink. Cops said I was one of 6 robberies by the same mob over the weekend.

It still sucks.

i feel for you sara, %3cngry it makes me so angry, one of the worst, thieves.
these scumbags need finding and sorting, do you think you were targeted for you growing? i know you said a few people got done the same night. but it would always make me suspicious losing grow equipment and plants.

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2009 at 02:39
Thanks Bartman, yeah there were a few over the same weekend. I can't quarentee that it wasn't the ganj they were after, but with the stuff missing from the house, I think the plants and light were found on the day.

If I get knocked off again come autumn, then yeah it's the plants and growing at home is finished. Until then, there are no more outings for the dogs. The barkers will be in the backyard until winter comes around I'm seriously considering setting up a tent by the lemon tree and sleeping out myself.

It's bloody hot already and it's really pissing me off. <<< I expect that's nicotine withdrawal (34 days), it's only 33C... hot the first time it hits in the season, but hardly "bloody hot" by any means.

sara %3ceed%20leaf

Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 09:57
It cooled down for a few days and I have got everything potted up again in time for the next warm spell. Four of the PPP are in 9L pots, the other one and the Skunk#1 are in slightly smaller pots (approx 6L), fed yesterday 2.5ml/L coco A + B and 1ml/L seaweed and molasses.

The two groups of sativas are in 1-1.5L pots of soil, watered in with seaweed and molasses. They need to start on fish emulsion with their next watering. They were looking a bit better this morning but I sat their trays on the ground without a net cover and one of my pigeons has attacked them. Two, of the younger five, were chewed off at the cotelydons and one, of the older six, has had a few leaves pulled off. I expect the older one will survive, but the younger two are history.

Usually I would be pissing them off to the farm by now, but they are much too small still and will probably be here until the end of the month.

So to cheer myself up I planted another 12 seeds... I think they are triffids, but I'm not 100% sure because the bag wasn't labeled, but triffids are the only seed I recall bagging in this fashion.

38 days with out fags... no finger nails left to chew.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 10:22
Wow, congratulations, Sarah! Keep it up, and much power to you.

I find the brown weed the hardest thing to give up, no contest. I can even take a break from my beloved cannabis for a week or a month if circumstances dictate. But the thought of shuffling into work on a morning like this (pissing down, grey as a gravestone) without a coffin nail to go with my coffee... difficult. And I don't even like the bastards that much...

Damn, I just went back and read the previous page. I missed your robbery report, Sarah. Really sorry to hear. Damn scumbags. The only thing worse than coming home to a robbed house is doing the same thing when you're a cannabis aficionado/grower. Even if the bastards don't rip you off, it's tough to decide whether to continue, or whether to pack everything up just to be on the safe side. Hard to call the cops too.

I hope you can get everything back on an even keel, with minimal disruption.

Theft is particularly big in Dam, but one thing that seem to be very rare in the centre is burglary. It's because the place is so overcrowded and everyone lives, quite literally, on top of each other. Most apartments have a street door, used by 2-3 apartments, then their own door. A burgular would have to break in the street entrance while not being spotted by any of the neighbours the row of 3-storey apartments on the opposite side of the street, then break the inner door, hoping that no-one was home in the apartments above and below. Then they'd have to go back out the front door with the stuff they'd stolen, back into the narrow streets with hundreds of windows facing them.

Also, I guess the Dam junkies have a regular supply of fresh-faced tourists to sponge off/rip off, so their subsistence resources are comparatively high.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 13:00
Ta Ganja, yeah things are a bit grim here, but I'll continue. If they make a return visit and rip my plants then I'll give it away for good. For now I'm trying to limit my potential losses, so I'll run with the plants I have but I wont be buying anymore seed or equipment until after the end of the outdoor season.

I've also found the brown weed much harder to kick than the green, but I'm starting to feel like I am getting there. This going without both really sucks arse though and I am hanging out for the dodgy brothers to pull in their next harvest. I really hope they leave it to dry slowly, but I expect they'll rush it as usual because the cupboard is bare.
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 07:23
just a few pics of what's left of the gang...

skunk#1

PPP

the sativa seedlings

A couple of Sensi skunk stumps, still waiting on signs of revegging. Should be soon, today has us at 14hrs and 42 min... only 3 mins shorter than the light cycle i had them on before they came out to the greenhouse.

Strawberries seem to be kicking on at least...

And finally, something for Ganja to help warm those dreary grey days in Amsterdam... this is where the sativas will go if they ever get big enough.

that's all folks,

sara %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 12:23
grat landscape sarah and sorry for your troubles!
and news about your SILVER PEARL?
i see a grat saison for compensation
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2009 at 12:46
Hi BG, nice to see you about. Sadly I didn't get anything out of the pack SP %3cuch you might of missed that, but I did mention it in the first post of this thread.

I hope the season goes better than it started as it hasn't started out very well.

The bloody chickens escaped today and dug up the small clones I had planted in the garden. Two of the affies were not completely dried out so I replanted them into small pots of coco, treated them with seaweed and vitamin b, and stuck them in a propagating box under flouros.

They have perked up a bit, so maybe they wont die on me. It would be sad to last the clones from Eloise the Affie through chicken attack.

Hope you and your family are well,

sara %3ceed%20leaf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>