Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Flowering - Pruning, Training, Intensive Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

To cut or not to cut?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Fresh View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Fresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To cut or not to cut?
    Posted: 11 August 2005 at 03:18

Should I be hacking at my babies?  A "friend" told me I should be prunning my girls.  Yes or No?  He claims that it will give more life to the strong top stems.  Is he an idiot or a savant?

THX

D

impact View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote impact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2005 at 18:50
The only reason why I ever prune my plants is if they are getting to thick for light to penetrate to the bottom budsites.

Be careful when pruning, you can stunt the growth of your plants very easily.
Fresh View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Fresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2005 at 05:29

Cool thanks.

They seem to still be growing, all but one, at the same rate.  hopefully I got lucky and didn't mess things up.

Do you know anything about purple stems on the leaves, and purple stripes on the stalks?

D

hashmonster View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote hashmonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 19:52

heya fresh regarding purple stems on your plants, one of the moderators answered this question for someone else in a previous post

Purple stems are often caused by small amounts of stress - movement, repotting, pruning, temperature drop, slight nutrient imbalance (K) - but they're rarely a sign of a major problem

hope this helps you a bit

aint no beef with the leaf
-idd View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote -idd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2007 at 21:26
I say your friend is correct.  If you're growing a bush, thin the little stems that won't hold weight to invest the strength in real arteries.

If you are aiming for a budstick,  prune the lower branches that won't get light.

Christmas trees = don't prune.
Monkey View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2007 at 16:16
i grow in a box of 1m² and cause of this reason i prune them in the last couple of weeks to get more light to the buds, but only carefully,

monkeyGeek
Utterly Dutch View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Utterly Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 02:14
Also you could cut 25 to 50% off the large fan leaves which are blocking light to the lower budsites like a half moon cut ( thus allowing light to the lower part of the plant and still mantaining the fan leaves functions

Post Reply Post Reply