Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Feminized Northern Lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jim ortega View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jim ortega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feminized Northern Lights
    Posted: 29 January 2010 at 03:54
I was reading a thread on a forum and a member claims he is growing some feminized Sensi Seeds Northern Lights.  I have searched all search engines and cant seem to find it available in a feminized seed.  He also claims that it is a N.L. 5 X 2 cross.
I seem to think it is total b.s. but then again anything is possible.
Are these seeds available?  And if so can you lead me to a retailer so that I can pick me up a few packs. Thanks

P.S. below is a cut and paste of that post:

Indica                                                                                                                                 Origins - NL5 x NL2                                                                                                              Flowering - 45-50 days                                                                                                        Harvest - Mid October

The Northern Lights (NL) is one of the most potent and famous indica varieties. Even though there are a lot of copies circulating around with variations on the name, there are only 3 pure types from the original development of Northern Lights, which Sensi was lucky to acquire.Historically, the NL 1, a longer, more stretchy type with a fresh scent and good bud formulation, was the basis of the NL cross that was sold as Sensi's Northern Lights. Currently, the NL 5 has taken over the most important role in the cross. Because NL 5 adds potency and reduces flowering time, but is not dominant in taste and smell, it also plays a starring role in the overall breeding plan at the CannabisCastle. It has functioned as a test case for many crosses. The f1 generation is very predictable, giving uniform results and passinguniformly onto its hybrids it parents. The NL 2 contributes to the overall vigor of the plant and strength of the high, also lending its spidermite resistance to the cross.Highly adapted to indoor growing, Northern Lights is a satisfying yielder that can finish in just over 6 weeks. The best results are obtained from hydro culture gardens. Small sea of green plants or bigger indoor plants will both do well, but remember that yield is directly relatedto the amount of light and space.A petite plant averaging between 4 and 5 feet, NL has dense, resin-rich flowers and wide-fingered indica leaves. The aroma is pungently sweet and the taste is a flavorful mixture of sweet and spicy. The high is a potent physical experience that feels comfortably lazy andrelaxing.Nortern Lights' fame extends to the harves festivals where it claimed the overall High Times Cannabis Cup win in 1990, and the Cup's award for the pure Indica category in 1988-89.Cultivar: Northern Lights Sensi - Feminized

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2010 at 10:12
Sensi Seeds' Northern Lights (regular, not feminised) is NL 5x2, IIRC.

Sensi sells a feminised NL#5xHaze, but the Haze cross is, of course, a very different strain from NL.

White Label has a feminised Northern Lights. It comes from great gene-stock, but is not exactly the same as Sensi NL.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2010 at 10:50
hi! i growed fem NL from WL; simply great....try it with no problemo;only for me but in bad conditions(too much humidity for one plant and get mould or moisture to the big bud;but rapidly treated and it was a stong good plant!)
jim ortega View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jim ortega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2010 at 16:19

Thanks m8's.  I didnt think that Sensi Seeds offered a feminized Northern Lights.  Thats as long as it is a Northern Lights 5X2 is all it takes to have me sold on a couple of packs'         What is the genetic make up of the WL NL?

Post Reply Post Reply