Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing > Indoor Grow Diaries
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Salgado Grow Blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 06:28
I did few years same shit as the man in the middle picture, dont know english word for it so I just say construction guy. Think about carrying eight hours a day loads of metal bars in winter when temps can reach here over -20c easily. Man I was three years in frozen, melted for summers though.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 10:26
Hi Salgado, welcome to the forums!

Nice B&W photos, BTW.

About fan capacity - ideally, an extractor fan should be able to exchange a grow-room's air  in about five minutes. So a room of 50 cubic metres should use a fan with a capacity of about 600m3 per hour.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
buffalohunter View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote buffalohunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2010 at 21:57
ok SL thats nice!
fair play, just thought this was a forum for growing? ended up reading this thats all... and kinda sounded like 5'0

good luck salgado.
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2010 at 01:22
hi everybody,

Today was a very busy day. I had to go downtown do some stuff and I couldnt do what I was planning to do some cleaning in my grow room but it was impossible.

Anyway I arrived and checked things up and I was really happy to see that humidity maintained.

No humidity? Fan in front of bowl with water guys

Ganja lets use science and math to solve it: according to you for a 50m3 room, 600m3 air extration is needed.
My room is 1.4m x 1.8m x 2,4m. That is a 6.048 m3 room, almost 10 times smaller than the formula example ( 600m3 air extraction = 50m3 room). Consequently i think ill need about 60m3 air extraction fan: 600 m3/10= 60m3! So i have 2 100m3 fans, one to extract plus one to inject. Thats one way to see if its correct. The other way and the way i like more is this: 50 m3 room = 600 m3 air extraction. The ratio is 1 to 12! so lets use the same ratio to my room. 6.048 m3 x 12 = 72,576 m3 extraction air!!
Do you think I have the appropriate air ventilation? 2 100m3 fans?

ok thats all 4 now and I leave some pictures of my plants i took today.

8 days plants!

bye bye guys
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2010 at 02:08
I'm not going to try and check the math, I've already had a joint and I don't do math after smoking, but the point of the ramble is you don't need the fan to inject air into the room.

Only the extraction point needs a fan, fresh air will be sucked into the room to replace the air you extract...  nature abhors a vacuum.

I'd be using both fans as extraction and double the airflow... it might be cool there now, but come summer I think you will need all the airflow you can get.

I went to see Sebastião Salgado's 'Workers' exhibition when it came to Australia in the late 1990's, truly inspiring images. None of the later collections have travelled this far so I have to content myself with the photo essays that have been published.

Buffalohunter - no worries, just differences in cultural style. My log includes bunny rabbits, tomatoes, weather reports and scenic views amongst the ganja plants.

Happy gardening,

sara %3coint
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 20:30
Hi Sensi People,

Some days have passed and school started again but today im goin to update my blog.

First of all im gonna talk a little bit about my last post where i made some calculation about ventilation. I've talked with a friend of mine who's a mechanical engineering and he told me my 2nd calculation was completely correct ( 100m3 x h extractor fan is good to 6m3 room ) but im gonna do better than that, im gonna install another one to extract so ill have 2 to extract and 1 to inject so ill get superior air ventilation.

So dont forget guys: firts calculate your room volume:

V = l x w x h;      l- length; w - width; h - height

Then multiply by 12 your room volume and youll see what type of extractor youll need

5 min is a 12th part of an hour      -       60 / 12    =    5 min
                                ( remembering youll need to extract all your room's air in 5 min )

in ex. 50 m3 room x 12 = 600 m3 / h fan           
                                mine ex. 6 m3 room x 12 = 73 m3 / h fan.

Now lets go to other subject;

I bought 6 one liter pots to transfer my plants to them and I also bought new soil because my Plagron Grow mix was almost near the end and I bought Biobizz All mix.

At this moment im watering everyday with 200ml of Plagron Start-Up ( 1ml for 1l water + Hesi Super Vit ( mush less than the recommended )
I decided to do this feeding because last time I grew it worked well but I hope you guys tell me if it good your not. I m planing to buy Hesi Kit when Plagron finishes because I see much more results with Hesi Nuts rather than Plagron.

To finish I leave you guys with some new photos I took yesterday when I changed plants to new liter pots.
They are 16 days in soil

Thats all 4 now folks hope you like and dont forget to come visit and have your saying

"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 00:09
Hi guys and gals, some update 4 now.

Ive been very busy with university and more busier ill be in the future when ill have to study!

It's been a while since i updated last time. my seedlings have been potted for 23 days except one of them and they are doin pretty well. ( I'll put some pic tomorrow or saturday).

Although things are looking nice I am very worried with an issue that recently appeared in some of my plants. In some leaves spots began to show. some of them are black some are orange and some of them have the 2 colors. Ive been really alert to this situation and I guess it did not propagate for some days but im worried it might in the future. I am really unfortunate because i dont have my camera with me to post pics but ill trie to do ti tomorrow.

Ive searched 4 bugs or other things that could be damaging my plants but i didnt find anything and that made me happy but not completely coz I dont know the origin of the problem! The plants are beautiful green color, they dont have any sign of overfeeding and they are very big now compared to when I potted them into 1L pots.

Im also considering buying one reflector since i dont have found any good reflective material to apply to my lamp. Maybe Ill buy a reflector to a 600 watt lamp coz ill might buy one 600 watt kit in the future.

Thats all 4 now folks, Ill try to post images tomorrow to show you the issue written above.
Bye bye and happy planting 4 all
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 16:01
Your first calculation of "6.048 m3 x 12 = 72,576 m3 extraction air!!" seemed a little strange...

I thought you might be using the comma as a decimal point, as it's used on the continent, but your figure for the volume of the room used the decimal point in the way it's used in English-speaking countries.
Anyway, the second calculation of the volume is correct.

Bear in mind that the reason many sources recommend such an over-powered fan, as compared to room volume, is so the fans don't have to run constantly.

The '5 minutes' figure means that fans only need to be turned on for 5-10 minutes per hour (or twice per hour, or once every two hours, depending on how many plants are in the growing area) to replenish levels of CO2 in the room.
If overheating is a problem, a lower-volume fan system could be run more constantly.

If you're going with 2 x 100m3/hour fans to extract air, that's three times the already-overpowered figure. In a room containing 5-6 plants, these fans would not need to run constantly.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2010 at 23:56
Hi Ganja

Thx for the feedback    

First off all how can I post replies with that white box with someone's earlier reply? Sorry but im a forum dummy and want to know how to do that!

Ganja and everyone else im sorry for that thing with the coma. In Portugal it's indifferent if u use coma or full stop to write decimal numbers. Wont happen again!

Ganja each time my extractors will work it will be for 15 min because my timer switch is divided into quarter of hours only. Do you think the best thing will be workin for 15 min each hour or 15 min every 2 hours?

Now ill here are some pics of the things I said yesterday. The spots appeared some days ago and im really worried about it. Please if someone nows what it is tell me how can I solve this situation! I wanted to keep some of these plants as mothers but now i dont know

Please help me!!

Now some updated pics of my 5 plants

Thats all 4 now folks please help me if you can
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2010 at 16:58
Please guys if someone knows anything about it tell me what to do coz some of the newest leaves are already appearing with it and I dont know what option to make!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>