Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

nutrient-problems & solutions [w.pics]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 19:34
Originally posted by sanguenuzoi

ive heard from several people in my area that sprayng nutrients is not even close on effectivnes when compared to root fedding ,would this happen due to high temperatues in my living area so the leafs should be let quiet for transpiration? or is this rule of thumb all around the wolrd regardless of general temperature on the area?

Foliar-feeding is not a substitute for root-feeding. However, due to the quicker absorption of nutrients through leaves in certain situations, foliar-feeding can be used as an emergency solution to acute nutrient deficiencies; especially where 'immobile' nutrients which travel slowly through the plant tissue are concerned.

Too much spraying will cause many problems. Transpiration will be hindered, chances of leaf-burning and infections will increase etc.

As for temperature, it is recommended that spraying be done at cool times of the day. For example, before sunset or before sunrise. This is of course has to do a lot with the substance being sprayed.

If you need specific info let me know
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
sanguenuzoi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sanguenuzoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 23:07
o thanks man but im decided on root-fedding as much as possible , ill avoid spraying leafs as much as i can due to what ive said earlier , its kinda like comparing lung absorption with stomach absorption(for THC absorption) , leafs are the lungs and roots are the stomach ... being so the roots will absorb much more nutrients than the leafs ( very valuable info for ppl that want economic fedding ) ... specialy for ppl who live in very hot areas like myself the leafs will work a lot on transpiration so i want to let them work exclusively for that :D
when the lion is sleeping... never u try to wake im
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sanguenuzoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2012 at 23:12
dude ive just remeberd a minor question i have about General Organics nutrients ( as your nick is organicgrow u probably already used it or at least heard about it) ... did u have any experience with GO ? do this nutrients make buds taste like chemical nutes? or with proper flush they taste better than overdrive/big bud fed plants?... sorry for noob questions but im about to use this general organics nutes and im very curious on what results i will get in matter of bud tastin (i know they wont taste the same as 100% organic growing but i dont have space or money for producting organic nutes myself in my home so ive chosen those ones)
organicgrow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote organicgrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2012 at 20:42
I haven't used that brand, it's not available where I live.

In my experience, taste has a lot to do with the experience of the grower and the thoroughness of the final flush and not so much with the type of nutrients being used.

Most of the stuff you hear or read about one brand being superior to another are marketing tricks. Aside from soil growing in which I use manures, I have only ever used chemical reagents as fertilizers for hydro and soil-less grows and I believe my buds are as fat and tasty and aromatic as any.
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sanguenuzoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2012 at 16:29
Originally posted by organicgrow

I haven't used that brand, it's not available where I live.

In my experience, taste has a lot to do with the experience of the grower and the thoroughness of the final flush and not so much with the type of nutrients being used.

Most of the stuff you hear or read about one brand being superior to another are marketing tricks. Aside from soil growing in which I use manures, I have only ever used chemical reagents as fertilizers for hydro and soil-less grows and I believe my buds are as fat and tasty and aromatic as any.

in my case no marketing ... real storys and so on ... but the ppl recomending me general organics also said similiar stuff u did , taste will be more connected to grower experience and flushing properly than to the nutrients ,i belive using moderated amounts of nutes and flushing with decent products shall make buds taste ok... im on a cheap ass moment right now so im reluctant on buying final phase or flora kleen but ill be buying them as soon as seeds go into the soil
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote sanguenuzoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2012 at 02:09
Originally posted by alecky

Found this chart at another forum,taught people may find it helpful

thank u a lot ... favorited
freakbrotherseeds View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote freakbrotherseeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2014 at 11:33
hey guys i have a super skunk in almost week 4 of flower showing these signs running just water now the grow has been a pain in the ass from the beginning..
freakbrotherseeds View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote freakbrotherseeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2014 at 11:43
oh and forgot to say the skunk smell just dissapeared over night and started getting problems trough the grow she didnt want much nutes but now i dont know whats up?
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2014 at 18:16
Possibly over-watered? But really I'd need to see pics in white light, the deep yellow of the HPS hides so much of the detail.

4 weeks in flower sounds way to soon to be stopping nutrients... definitely take some pics without the HPS so we can see the plant more clearly.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Spaceout View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Spaceout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2016 at 23:19
helpppppp!!!!!!

having a problem here...Something is starting and I'm not sure what...any advice???

so i've been adding the root enhancer Rhizotonic 4ml per one lit which is recommended dose. I've added it every second day.

I replanted them not in 6L pots however the day before the problem started!

I think it might be a nute burn but not sure.

Right now they are two/three weeks old and they are exploding!

PS you can also follow me on youtube" space hobby " would be cool to get some additional feedback

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567