Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Silver Haze

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Seek3r View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Seek3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silver Haze
    Posted: 07 February 2010 at 02:40
Hi anyone and all.

I am growing some Jack Flash and a single Silver Haze.  The Jack is incredibly vigorous and I have mothered what looks like the full on sativa variant %3cmoking.  All is looking peechy and I can't wait for my 1st smoke of it, yum %3cig%3c.

Onto the Silver Haze though... I tried, unsuccessfully, to clone her..  Bare in mind that that was my 1st grow and this is my 2nd.  Point is that in the end I decided to flower the mother after all my clones of it had failed (meanwhile the Jack just loves to be cloned, the easiest ever.)   Anyways, the flowering Silver has been in for 7 week so far...  There are 6 main colas but my concern is how skimpy the buds are.  They are about 2cm in diameter, i.e REALLY thin.  Could this be a bad pheno?  Or the result of too many colas due to too much topping via cloning.. OR the magic one I want to hear is that in the last two weeks they inflate by 6x...

Anyone who has dabbled in Silver Haze care to comment?

Thanks in advance and all the best.  %3ceed%20leaf
buffalohunter View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote buffalohunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 16:35
2nd week - first pairs of pistils visible from tiny single calyxes
3rd week - flowers are starting multiply into small clusters of calyxes/pistils
4th-5th week - clusters building into small buds at nodes (or 'running' along stem and branches for Sativas)
5th week to end - thickening/lengthening/solidifying/general bud growth

This was posted by ganja, i thought it was quite kool, if it helps you. I think people will ask for pics if you want proper advice.

Seek3r View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Seek3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 18:02
That's good stuff thanks Buffalo %3coving%20it %3cig%20smile  *passes the pipe*

I know ppl like pics but the question is easy for anyone that knows.   Does the silver haze react badly to topping?  Because it looks to me like it hates it but maybe I am wrong...

%3cig%20smile
knobby View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote knobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 18:08
Originally posted by Seek3r

That's good stuff thanks Buffalo %3c3coving%3c20it %3c3cig%3c20smile  *passes the pipe*

I know ppl like pics but the question is easy for anyone that knows.   Does the silver haze react badly to topping?  Because it looks to me like it hates it but maybe I am wrong...

%3c3cig%3c20smile

all hazes what ive grown love topping and lst . try n post some pics up if u can ...
icarusfallen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote icarusfallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 21:18
i've only grown the feminized version (silver haze #9), it is a very tall thin plant i experienced a decent bulking up of the buds around weeks 10-12 followed by about 10-12 days of slow growth and a final big push around the start of week 14 finishing mid-week on the 15th week.

As a haze dominant plant don't expect any large yields from the 7 i have harvested to date plants between 1m and 1m20 have given me 35-50g dried weight with about 1-2 grams of ice hash from the leaves. it is a very solid smoke if you like the hazy cerebral high but has a nice base indica stone that is felt on the first or second pull.

as for the jack flash this is a personal favorite. i have grown both the fem and regular variety if you have the very stinky sativa leaning pheno your in for a real treat.  if it is this pheno let it go for about 10-11 weeks to get the best smoke.  yields can easily double that of a similar sized silver haze if not more. all other phenos can be finnished between week 8 and 10 for stellar results.

happy smoking.
Seek3r View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Seek3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2010 at 22:44
Thanks for your insights m8 especially on the Jack.  Btw I should have mentioned that they are both the fem versions from seed.

I must be smoking too much of this WW because I just got the Silver out and tbh the buds are now looking pretty wicked %3c3c3c3chocked I am sure it is because I gave them a blast of Overdrive 4 days ago! 

Please check the 1st lot of Jack clones on the 1st pic and see what you think icarusfallen.  The rest are of the Silver Haze, as you can see she is quite bushy - tbh I don't usually like bushy ladies but this one is growing on me now %3c3c3c3c3cink %3c3c3c3c3clown

Btw 12 weeks for the Silver would mean another 5 weeks, I was planning to pull at 9-10, what do you think?

My Jack Clones, I only vegged long enough to root, went in 3 wks ago.

Silver Haze #9

An example of how they looked 4 days ago  (Ew what's with the thumb nail :0 )

How one of the main colas looks.  (%3cmbarrass%3cd where are the nail clippers..)
icarusfallen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote icarusfallen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 01:17
Looking great! The jacks should start bulking up soon, the clones put in to flower that quick always seem to take a bit longer to finish up for me. the killer odor of the super skunk should be just about ready to come out and fill the space.

The silver haze is looking nice. the buds still have a bit of space to run between the nodes but should start to add a little weight in the coming weeks. As for the time... in my experience the waiting of an extra couple weeks was well worth it. but even if you do harvest at the 10 week (as long as it looks finished) your still going to get some fantastic bud. i don't think i've seen that pheno of the silver haze it looks like a lot more of the indica traits are showing with the think leathery leaves than what i am used to.
Seek3r View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Seek3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2010 at 02:07
Thanks, I was quite impressed with the vigor of the Haze myself, I was expecting a tall lanky sativa style but I attribute its stockiness to my variouos cloning attempts!  Infact I am thinking of trying to re-veg after harvest and go for a regen maybe..

I just binned a white widow cross because the smell was too much to handle, even with carbon filters and odorsoks on the exhaust the smell would somehow finds its way out.  I am hoping this Jack doesn't do the same %3cuch  tbh nothing can smell like that WW and it is the best bud I have ever smoked, damn it I guess the two things just go hand in hand.

OK well thanks for the feedback and I will post up some harvested buds from the SH just incase anyone is curious.

%3c3ceed%3c20leaf
 Post Reply Post Reply