Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Good balcony strain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good balcony strain
    Posted: 09 February 2010 at 09:45
Im thinkin about puttin some plants growin in my balcony, any suggestions what strain
would be best?? Is Early Girl too early..? %3cool

acrolix View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote acrolix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 10:12
I guess the main thing is how high can you let them go? Does it matter if they can be seen higher than the railing of your balcony?   
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 10:44
It's too early for anything at the moment, really.

It's possible to start seeds about now, keeping them inside on the windowsill so they get daylight, plus artificial light and warmth from the house. However, seeds started this early have the chance to be massive by harvest time, due to an especially long growing period prior to flowering.

This can be rewarding for outdoor grows where size is an advantage, not a problem, but not suitable for balcony gorwing, where plants must be kept to a reasonable size.

Early Girl would be a good choice for the balcony, started about March or April. You could try some Ruderalis Indica if you wanted to start earlier, as these should not get too tall.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
skunkfunk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote skunkfunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2010 at 16:41
Or if you know about lst...low stress training.....you could start early girl nowish.

If you don't know it's worth looking up....overgrow the balcony.
Why did God give these Humans freewill...Now their all confused.
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 10:14
How about Snowryder hehee, the truth is that I cant grow any size plant it will be noticed and would place my indoor setup in danger too. 
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 11:04
is it really worth it?? putting yourself on show?
ANDWHAT
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 12:09
Well, if it had been a Dutch balcony, a few plants would have been okay. I

On the other hand, Dutch indoor growers probably wouldn't advertise by having their 'legal' natural light plants on display anyway.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2010 at 16:33
Its legal here to grow one plant without artificial lighting and you cant rip any leaves or stems off, few years back anyway, dont think it has changed but hard to believe that cops let you grow even one plant. Especially when you history is filled wit grassburns. Complainin neighbours and what if one or few leaves dies and drops how can you prove to the law that you didnt use it?
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 03:21
Am I reading this right Driveby? You are allowed to grow one plant but not allowed to consume the product? Is this a 'aroma therapy only' sort of law?

If I was in your situation, I'd be keeping the weed indoors and growing salad greens on the balcony.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2010 at 09:15
Yea few years back when I got arrested I asked the police about that and yep. I asked what if I had three meter long Mexican Sativa bloomin on my balcony you wouldnt touch it and trust that I throw it in garbage when its done. Answer was yes. But like I said that law doesnt apply on me im sure and many others. They would come get it and ''prevent crime'' or just ''crime'' would be my case.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>