Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

some questions on Hindu Kush and NL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Outlawgrower View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Outlawgrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: some questions on Hindu Kush and NL
    Posted: 24 February 2010 at 08:24
amigos,
Currently looking to purchase seed, a close person say sensi seed is place to be.

Some strains I am looking to hve is Northern Lights and Hindu Kush, but first have some questions. After research, it seems the northern lights is either #1 or 5 x 2? Is it not possible to get definitive answer for such high price? This information matters to some!

Also, Hindu Kush. This plant is famous, no? What regions of world specifically did this kush come from? United States or land race Afghanistan?

Thanks you.

DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 17:34
Hindu Kush comes from mountains was it himalayas which covers half of afghanistan. Id think its famous, one of my favourite, pure indica. Easy to grow and very good makin hash from it and as a painkiller its powerful too. I wish there would be fem version of this amazin strain.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 19:07
Hindu Kush comes from the Hindu Kush, which is to say Afghanistan.

It was obtained back in the Eighties and has not been crossed with anything else since.

Recently in the US, the name 'Kush' has been applied to a very wide range of plants, as something of a buzzword.
Presumably this originally meant that the main source of the US hybrids' genetics were Afghani, but what is indicated by the current use of use of 'Kush' in US strain-names (aside from 'this is good weed') is anyone's guess.

In European seed naming 'Kush' still refers specifically to Afghani cultivars.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 22:11
heres a few picks of hindu kusk i recently grew very nice herb even better hash
ANDWHAT
Outlawgrower View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Outlawgrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 03:27
Very nice Hindu Kush pictures, thank you for sharing.

Northern Lights 5 x 2 was originally offered by Nevil at The Seed Bank many years ago in F1 form. Its curious to know if the ability to make F1 Northern Lights 5 x 2 is possible or if this is a later generation of some kind.

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 16:30
Original copies of NL#5 are still rpeserved in the Sensi gene-library. This clone-only strain is still used to make several important Sensi varieties, including Shiva Skunk and NL#5xHaze.

Original NL#2 plants are still around, as well as inbred, stabilised progeny of that line.

To the best of my knowledge, Sensi NL is NL 5x2.

The NL#1 line is still around as well, used in Hash Plant and others.
tobe31 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote tobe31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 17:08

I´m concerned with the idea that some of our favourites Sensi hybrids are based on F1 from clones with 30 or more years old,i know that these clones are still producing the best,but will be possible to say the same after 20 years more?who knows.%3cry

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 17:19
Sensi knows.

In fact, it's only the preservation of the original individuals used for breeding that allows many hybrid strains to remain the same over so many years.

Using new parents regularly would lead to regular changes in the makeup of a strain, and therefore different strains.

The funny thing about your comment is that most growers interested in breeding and heritage are keen to know that the parents of hybrids are still the same as they were originally.
Fuzzy Donlop View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Fuzzy Donlop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2010 at 22:02
This is what makes sensi different from other seed vendors. I have had nothing but great types from there collection and the reason i keep going back is, because they still hold the majority of original parent plants... theres a lot of shit spread around the online community about sensi and most of it is lies..%3c3cointJ.
lightsfan View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote lightsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2010 at 04:02
Great answer Ganja.I got ahold of Neviles NL#5 X #2 genetics when I was young,one of my first crops ever.I never forgot it,leading 2 A lifelong love affair with NL.years later I turned 2 Sensi,as I knew they had the #5 & #2 parents.The same parents,not just some knock off.I have tried almost every other breeders version of NL,Sensis NL has always been the best by far & its the same bud that I grew as A kid.If you want pure indica,original NLs,start with Sensi & forget all the rest.Sensi deserves top honors for "preserving" these great genetics.Sensis Skunk# 1 is another great strain that is the closest to the SK# 1 that came here(Indiana) in the 80s & never left. Spend the extra cash one time on original Sensi NLs & clone your favorite pheno forever!.There are 3 common phenos & one rare one,A single cola, that turns white with trichomes.I lost it in A flood & Im still looking for her!.She puts so called white strains 2 shame!Total couch-lock !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>