Cannabis Forum > Hempflax > General
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Newb Needs Help Seed Choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 09:54
Don't worry, it doesn't sound like you're growing in a sauna.

30% humidity isn't particularly high.

Condensation is one of the main worries with big changes in temperature.
The drop of 11C is quite a bit, but a night temp of 17C is high enough that you shouldn't get too much condensation when the lights go out.

If you're worried, check for moisture in the morning, just before the lights come on. In any case, it's unlikely that there will be any problem in the lastw eek of flowering.

Daytime temp is a bit high. See if you can keep it at 20-23C next time.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
carlyman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote carlyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 16:43
Thanks Ganja ure a bit help mate, yer my grow room is definately not a sauna with the low humidity that i have in there lol Bowen obously doesnt know what a suana is lol
And yer i see what u mean about condensation when the lights go out, cuase like i was saying my humidity is only around 30% but when the lights are off it can go upto the 50s or   even 60s depending if ive just given them there weekly watering and nutes.
The fan that i have in there is only a tiny clip on fan so was thinking to put my bigger desktop fan in there as well maybe this will help to bring the temps down. Just goes to show that envirolights when u have like 450watts of them still make heat lol
Also i have my outake fan on low setting cuase on high setting its way to niosy was thinking about getting some insulated ducting to help reduce the niose as its just a budget extractor fan and kinda crap lol I have no intake fan with my ds60 grow tent as i was told being that its the smallest model  that i didnt need one? With putting a small bathroom fan as an intake do you think this may help with my high temps
Thanks ganja man
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 17:31
Humidity going up to 50-60% when the lights go out sounds about right. As long as no water is condensing, it should be fine.

To be sure, you could crank the fan up to full power for 5-10 minutes after the lights go out.

BTW -  not sure if you're referring to another thread, but on this one it was skarecrow who mentioned the sauna. You should avoid bringing the wrath of Bowen down upon you.
carlyman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote carlyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 19:03
OH no my bad it was skarecrow that siad that not bowen, sorry bowen my mistake was that dummy scarekrow or how ever he spells his name
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 19:25
It's okay. Bowen's killing days are behind him (I think).
carlyman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote carlyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 19:40
Do you think an intake fan might help me wee lil grow tent Ganja? is only 60x60x120
carlyman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote carlyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 00:17
Got a question for any one on here, im getting a bathroom 4inch  extactor fan that im going to be useing as my intake fan im hopeing this will lower the temperature in my tent as i am only running 1 4ich extactor fan on low speed. How can i lightproof the intake fan and stop shit from being sucked in my grow room?, can i use stockings etc
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 10:18
Sounds more trouble than it's worth. Better to crank up the exatractor fan for a short time after the lights go out.

Anything you put in front of the intake fan to stop light escaping will reduce its effectiveness at drawing in air. The less light that escapes, the less air the fan will be able to draw in. A tube (similar to the type used on extractor fans) is one way - it at least allows you to make a couple of bends to stop light spilling directly from the grow space. However, the longer the tube, the less effective the fan becomes.

Air will only be drawn in at the same rate the extractor takes it out, anyway. Air is drawn in through cracks and holes in the walls of the room/tent without the aid of an intake fan.
If the tent is almost air-tight, a hole will serve as well an an intake fan.
carlyman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote carlyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2010 at 10:41
Hi Ganja
Thanks for that, i been useing only my extractor the whole time and  just relying on the pasive intake vents on the sides of me tent. I cant put me exaught fan on high its way to niosy rattles me whole floor me niehgbors will love that lol And its got 2 speed controller but u have to cross the wires over to adjust, to much hassle. Im not worried bout switching the fan speed up when me lights go off the humidity is fine at around 50% when me lights are off
I just got a 4inch intake fan so im still gonna try it out, if it dont work to reduce the heat in me room then maybe can use it for a homemade box i wana build for vegging.
I think it might be a good thing that putting a stocking or 2 over it may help to reduse air flow cuase i need positive pressure dont i, want me outake to move more air and me intake to be smaller yer lol And thanks i was thinking the same thing, im gonna get some ducting and just coil and bend it and put a lil reducer on the end to stop the light pouring in.
Ponder ponder lol
carlyman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote carlyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2010 at 22:50
Hello i was wondering are female seeds that were obtained useing gibberellic acid totaly safe, i read somewhere that apart from being non organic that it passes on chemicals to next generations of plants? I have some seeds that were obtained  useing simple gibberellic process and now im thinking whether or not to use them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12