Cannabis Forum > Hempflax > General
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Newb Needs Help Seed Choice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
enjoi_89 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote enjoi_89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newb Needs Help Seed Choice
    Posted: 11 March 2010 at 04:46
Hello, Can anyone please tell me if Northern lights big bud is actally a goood strain to begin with and also what nutrients are the best for my babies? Also, any knowledge or tidbits for a beginner is appreciated.

Mike%3crea%3cy
Thanks
enjoi_89 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote enjoi_89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:00
Sorry. Just realized i didnt really give enough info. i'm usig a 3x3 grow tent. A 250 watt HPS.(is that sufficient?) i plan on growing four feminized plants. My sytem is a simple poor mans aeropnics/bubbleponics. 7.5 in net pots. rockwool and hydroton balls.  need help with nutrients choice and before i germinate wondering if i should start my first grow with omething a lil easier like lowryder. Now dont gt me wrong it may be my firt grow but i have been around it my whole life and i have done reearch on it like no other. pleae help. If there i one thing i know its that there is always more to know.

Mike
Thanks
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 10:38
Northern Lights is not a particularly difficult plant to grow. It's an Indica, so quite sturdy and tough and not likely to grow wildly tall in flowering.

Still, on general principles, it might be better to use something powerful, easy and cheap for the very first grow. Skunk #1 fem or Super Skunk fem from Sensi would be good choices. These are both great smokes on their own merits and are simple and fast to grow. Making one of these the first crop will help iron out any kinks in the grow setup and let you know what to expect next crop.

I wouldn't recommend Lowryder (or Snowryder) or any other auto-flowering strain. These really aren't any easier to grow, and may present more difficulties, since their auto-flowering makes it hard to control their height.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
enjoi_89 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote enjoi_89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 11:09
Righteous. Thank you for your input. Quick question. I read somewhere that skunk is one of the strains that ae more apt to getting mold. Is this true or are they just as ikely to get mold as any other strain?
Thanks
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 12:16
I wouldn't say so.

In general, thick-budding plants  - Indicas and Indica-dom hybrids, like most Skunks - are somewhat more prone to mould because of their bud structure. Since buds are dense and packed tightly together they can make a better spot for fungus to flourish than the more open bud structure of Sativa hybrids.

While Skunks are big-budding plants, most are especially vigorous, which makes them quite resistant to fungus and pests. A healthy cannabis plant is quite an inhospitable place for most unwanted life-forms  - covered with microscopic spikes and interesting chemical compounds. When pests or disease take hold, it's often due to plants being unhealthy for other reasons and the new infection just continues the downward spiral, making the plant weaker and more susceptible still.

Even strains that are particularly prone to mould should not be affected if they're grown in conditions that don't promote it in the first place (ie lowered humidity in the second half of flowering, no big temperature changes between day and night temperatures.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
enjoi_89 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote enjoi_89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 22:18

Thank you so much. You have been extremely helpful. This forum rules!

Mike%3crea%3cy
Thanks
carlobee View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote carlobee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2010 at 07:26
Of course. I love this forum too. I have just been here for over a month and I have been learning a lot from all your posts!

carlyman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote carlyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2010 at 20:01
I was wondering about the dangers accociated with the temp differences between lights on and lights off periods
My lights on temp is around 28degress and my lights off temp is around 17degrees..... humidity is 30% and im on my last week now,
cheers dudes
skarecrow View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote skarecrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2010 at 23:13
Originally posted by carlyman

I was wondering about the dangers accociated with the temp differences between lights on and lights off periods
My lights on temp is around 28degress and my lights off temp is around 17degrees..... humidity is 30% and im on my last week now,
cheers dudes

sounds like your growing in a sauna,
lower the temp to 25 and humidity up to 50.
carlyman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote carlyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2010 at 01:21
Yer easy said than done but ill give my humidifier a good go next time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>