Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Systems - Setups, Equipment, Mediums
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hydroponic equipment list

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrnice View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mrnice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hydroponic equipment list
    Posted: 20 August 2005 at 13:28
Hello all i'm toying with the idea of growing a few hydroponic plants (say4) in my garden alongside my soil ones, i've never tried hydro before and so wondered what things i would need for this kind of setup and basically how much it would cost to set it up. many thanks in advance
mrnice
teknoponic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote teknoponic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 07:01

Hey Mr Nice,  It shouldnt cost much to get four ladies going hydroponically; what sweet varieties do you plan on growing this way?  

You will first need to choose your grow media, some nutrients and if you dont have one already; you will require a ph meter / ec meter. Also, you may require some rooting gel / powder for clones in rockwool. For the amount that you intend to grow, your probably best off feeding them manually, until you get used to this method; then you might want to try other grow media, nutrients or even automate the system. 

I'd recommend using grodan rockwool which is available in starter cubes, slabs and as pellets (cellmax) pot medium.  You will need a few starter cubes, some transplanting cubes and either some pots filled with hydroponic media or a rockwool slab; for the transplanting cubes to stand on.

You can either start from seeds or root your cuttings into the rockwool cubes.  New rockwool is first soaked  with a  'grow' nutrient solution with a ph of around 5.5 to buffer it ready for use.  Feed with a rockwool specific grow nutrient at first, then switch to bloom for the flowering phase, keeping the nutrients ph at around ph 5.5 - 6.0.  Make sure that you choose the correct type of hydroponic nutrient for your water, either hard or soft water.  First test the ph of the prepared nutrient and add the ph up / or down to the nutrient in very small amounts; then retest.  Finally; you will need to apply a 'boost' solution once, three weeks prior to harvest.  Then flush with plain water until there ready! You will need then:

24 x Grodan Large Starter Cubes                                  £3.75

8 x Grodan Large Transplanting Cubes                          £2.80

1 x Bag Cellmax Growing Cubes (20 Litre)                      £7.95 

( or 1 Grodan Slab - £3.00 1.0 metre slab, for the Aquatray, £4.50)

1 x Optimum Grow Nutrient  2 Litre                                           £8.50         

1 x Optimum Bloom Nutrient 2 Litre                                 £8.50

1 x Ionic Boost  1 Litre                                                    £6.00

PH Up 250ml                                                                 £3.95

PH Down 250ml                                                              £3.95

3 measuring syringes / pipettes                                      £7.50

Total         £52.90

This will get you started and should ensure your growing success.  All these items, and more information available @ 

www.growell.co.uk 

Also check out Sensi Seeds "Growing 1"video preview for a visual journey into hydroponics ...

http://www.sensiseeds.com/ml/shop.asp?MainLev=7&PluNr=952

Hope this helps & Good luck

Galaxy NineJah Rastafari Selassie I the Conqueror...

Hetus View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Hetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 17:37
I have tried hydrophonic system that is based to flow water trough rocks. It can be combined with other solutions of hydrophonical farming, like bubling the water tank under the rocks where the roots can grow. But I wont say its better than your way teknoponic. It looks like interesting so I migh test it some day as I get more information about it.

My hydro is build of one waterpump and thu plastic boxes. Me and my friends have tried many ways to grow and this has been the best. Depending of the water tank size and grow method it can be left alone for 4-days or even longer. Results in yield and potency are best too. (exept aero has been better in potency(using sea of grean-method)) It is also the easiest way to grow. Nutrients and ph can be adjusted presicely.

You can put your money to expensive hydro but you can build one by your self. There are many ways so look for every possible information mrnice and judge by your self. If you are interested I can post here some information of so called "etola*"-hydro. It can be build from plastic box and water pump. and there is room for 2-plants. It is like made for skrog-method.

I dont know how elite growers you teknoponik and mrnice are. And maybe Im just giving you a good laugh but thats okay if it happens. Just let me know what you think about pictures in this site:
http://www.hamppu.net/hupu2/hupu2.html
I know the language is something from far so just look at the pictures in sections:
2.9.2.1 bubbler and
2.9.2.1 "drip freed" -etolahydro

And if you are lazy just dont do it... but if you do and start to be interested I can translate it.

Sorry of my bad english
Hämäryys on avaruus!

Translation.
Weirdnes is spacenes!
teknoponic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote teknoponic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 15:24

Sorry Hetus I cant understand that language from far on that site , however your english is fine!  Seems like you've got an efficient, inexpensive system there  for a few plants that could be put together by almost anyone; thanks for sharing it with us.  As you explained, it also has given you the best results in both potency and yield, with the exception of aero which was more potent.  Which type of varieties do you grow this way and also could you translate a little more of this method that you refer to as "etola" hydro, as I have started to become interested...  

Galaxy NineJah Rastafari Selassie I the Conqueror...

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 16:55
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Hetus View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Hetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 12:44
Etola hydro is based on pumping the water from the lower box in to rocks. rocks must be round ones from half centimeters to one centimeters. Upper box must let the water flo trough in to the lower box. So it must be full of holes. Roots will grow trough these holes and fills the lower box so you can put air pump and some airstones there. Lower box must be painted black so nothing else (I mean that green slime that start to grow there if it gets lite) grow there than the roots. Lower box is the water tank, wich must be filled when it gets drained. Water that is pumped in to rocks must be directed carefully so that it goes everywhere were the roots can grow. Pumping the water increases the oxygen in water keeps. But if you put your plants into rockwool and the put the rockwool into rocks the you don´t need to pump the water all the time. 15min per hour is enough to keep your plants growing. Look at the pictures from the site I mentioned early. Its quite simple. And you can ask me more if you like Teknoponic, but as you have noticed I cant reply fast.
All you need is 2-box, rocks, hose, and pump. Sensi got some basic parts for building hydros like this.

I think their nutrients are good too...

...But havent tried.

And about those strains we have growed:

White widow
White rhyno
ak-47
top-44
kalimisti

These were exeptional in potency and yield. exept kalimisti, seems that it does not want to grow in hydro javascript:AddSmileyIcon('')

and there is more strains I have tried, most of them are from "no name" seeds.

I just got mothers finest from sensi, and I m waiting to see how it grows.
Hämäryys on avaruus!

Translation.
Weirdnes is spacenes!
 Post Reply Post Reply