Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

What attracts pests??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jonney View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Jonney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What attracts pests??
    Posted: 11 April 2010 at 22:47
evening all

long story short, i had a major triffid problem a while back and it seems the c**ts are back again!

i've neem oil and pest off to use when needed but i was thinking what's making them return. my scrubber recently died so my house stinks of weed. Do these bugs smell ganja? Could that be a reason they've returned. I'm planning yet another room decontamination which will include windows, carpets, grow tent etc but i really can't face losing another crop again!

Any help would be appreciated.

one love

%3ceed%20leaf
"It is possible that a certain amount of brain damage is of therapeutic value."

Dr Paul Hoch
------------------------------
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2010 at 23:50
Im no expert jonney but i am a clean freak ,i dont suffer with any pests.carpets in the growroom is not a good thing. screen/filter on intakes make sure everything is sealed up and spotless
ANDWHAT
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 10:50
The different pests that feed on plants can almost certainly detect them from a distance in some way, but I'm not sure how it would be defined in human terms.

I mean, if they 'smell' plants, the airborne chemicals they detect probably wouldn't be the same chemicals that our noses are sensitive to.

For all I know, insects can 'hear' the pressurised movement of water within plant tissues or perhaps plants make noise on a frequency we can't detect. Those old experiments which seemed to show plants reacting to people involved the plants being hooked up to some sort of oscilloscope or electrical detector.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2010 at 14:08
Originally posted by Ganja

Those old experiments which seemed to show plants reacting to people involved the plants being hooked up to some sort of oscilloscope or electrical detector.

Dorothy L Retallack - The Sound of Music and Pants. Funny how the memory works.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2010 at 11:39
Ive read experiment about three or four men and one of em burned the plant with lighter and later plant could recognize that who burned it, dunno how..
 Post Reply Post Reply