Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Plant Gender
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

My plants are flowring, some sex help.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
neonlights View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote neonlights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My plants are flowring, some sex help.
    Posted: 24 August 2005 at 15:18

My plants seems they finally start to flower

I am not sure about their sex so I put some photos in my gallery, I put a couple here too one plant looks this way:

the other one looks this way:

I suppose the first one looks female or am I wrong ?

Thanks for any help, this is my first time I grow plants.

We bring light in.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 15:37

The plant in the first photo looks female for sure.

The pistils growing from the calyxes look nice and long. They also seem to have visible resin, even at this resolution.

The plant in the second photo is harder to identify.

The growth at the nodes could be a tiny cluster of new leaves (with no gender showing yet).

It could be the beginning of a male flower. If it becomes a pod that grows out from the stem, or if other small pods appear in the same place, you can be sure that it's male.

If the growth becomes a teardrop-shaped pod with two hairs protruding (as in the first picture), then you can be pretty certain that the plant is female.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
neonlights View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote neonlights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2005 at 12:51

Thanks for help is fantastic

I am really enjoying this growing experience is nice to learn and see a plant grow.

We bring light in.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 17:33

It's an experience that everyone should try.

Not just cannabis - all plants will improve your life by having them around and taking care of them. Growing plants teaches you some fundamental lessons about life and nature and helps you appreciate the wonder of things you see every day.

Photosynthesis, for instance. We see it everywhere; we have a name for it and many people have an understanding of how it works.

But, without wanting to sound over-the-top, it's one of the most amazing things on the planet! We live on a ball of mud and rock, and the only power-source is the sun - a huge, unshielded fission/fusion reaction which pours heat and light onto the surface. All other forms of energy (except perhaps geothermal heat and the tides) are a direct result of the sun's power.

Now, the only things on the planet that can act as an interface between the sun's energy and living flesh are plants. They have somehow adapted to making physical matter from light, chemicals in the soil and carbon from the air. It's the most fundamental step in the chain of life and it's something very close to alchemy - making living tissue from light and air. We are all 'carbon-based life-forms', as sci-fi aliens seem fond of pointing out.

Plants are the only source of physical matter - food - for every other living thing on the planet, whether they're herbivores, carnivores, ocean life or the bacteria and viruses that live in everything. Without plants making living tissue from nothing, there's no other living tissue.

Oh, and plants also made all the hydrocarbons and fossil fuels on the planet, whether providing the base-matter themsleves, or providing it to all other life-forms which also decomposed to oil, coal, gas etc.

And virtually every medicine and drug that has ever helped humanity is from a plant source, or is a synthesised version or variation of a plant extract.

Don't forget wood, which has built most of the world for all of history. That too was extracted from light and gas by plants.

The only interface between raw energy and chemicals and everything that has ever lived is green life.

That's why I will never consider the term 'tree-hugger' to be an insult.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
crazyirish View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote crazyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 15:53
Ganja mate u talk alot of sense.
holistic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote holistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2007 at 19:07
yes plants rock
Check out Sensi Indoor Mix in Holistic's photo gallery!

Better to live one day on your feet than spend a lifetime on your knees.
shane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2007 at 18:40
inspiring
my kids say I'm sad but I always look forward to my garden after work,I step into the greenhouse and see the veg plants I will be eating, flowers that smell amazing and not forgetting the babies I'm gonna be smoking all growing greater every day.
I tell u, this time of year I swear I can almost hear the buzz of energy
 Post Reply Post Reply