Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Test Smoke - Jack H, Bubble Gum and Mango

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Destro Pesante View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Test Smoke - Jack H, Bubble Gum and Mango
    Posted: 30 April 2010 at 16:12
Hi guys,

I am currently back in Holland (A'dam) for a few days and took the opportunity to do some "research" %3c3coving%3c20it on strains to see if I like them, so I can buy some seeds and grow them my self.

I bought Jack Herer, Bubble Gum and Mango. (at the 2e Kamer)

JH - Was absolutely not impressed. Didn't like the smell, taste and the effect was, well, nothing special, just tiring.

BG - Little bit better, sweeter, but the effect was also tiring and boring.

Mango - Very sweet in smell and pleasant taste. Very nice body high. Tingly fingers, nice and relaxed and loose feeling.

Now for my questions.

1. Did they sell me crap?

2. What are the experiences with JH and BG here. Are these two just marketed as being very good weed, being tasty and very strong?

3. What is Mango? Is this the plant or the name the coffee shop gave it?

4. Will there be a big difference between the weed you buy and the same weed you grow yourself?

Thanks in advance!
S.
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 07:14
JackHerer isnt tiring type of strain as far as ive grown it randomly +3 years and makin all kind of tests playin wit it, keeps you up doin things but can stop you too its up to you! Mango never tasted and BG its so long ago dont remember.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 10:08
'Jack Herer' sold in Amsterdam coffeeshops is almost never real.

In the last decade, I might have seen two or three buds sold under the JH name that might actually have been JH.

The problem is that JH was one of the biggest names in Amsterdam in the 90s, so the name was used by every coffeeshop in town, usually just applied to a mediocre bud.
Much easier to use the name than got o the trouble of sourcing/growing the real thing.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 04:28

Yeah that figures Ganja, making a quick buck and selling fake crap.
I think I will try to avoid A'dam when buying weed next time I am in NL.

I bought some Orange Bud last week in the eastern part of Holland (were I am from) and it smelled insanely strong and was very nice to smoke. Price €6,- per gram.

Do you think it is doable to test different weed to see what I want to grow, or is most stuff you buy in coffee shops too different from what one can grow.

Do you or anybody here in the forum think that home grown is generally better quality then bought. The important word here being generally!

All the best!

S.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 13:01
The coffeeshops have declined in quality in the last decade or so, but even at their best, I've only seen a few examples of weed that was as good as or better than what my friends or I could grow at home.

Of course, so few of us grow these days. Too much hassle, too hard to find a house to live in, so when one does, the last thing they want to do is risk it with growing.

With the coffeeshop quality, there are a few issues, such as a large number of commercial growers getting their clones from the same sources (so only a few types of weed are actually available, under dozens of names), commercial pressures such as the desire for maximum speed and weight being more important that fine quality (leading to Indicas being sold as Sativas, as with JH), etc.

Another big one is that coffeeshop weed has travelled quite extensively before it gets to the final customer, and I think that makes a big difference to flavour, resin content and quality. Even when handled gently, commercial -scale manicuring, bagging, transport, selling and rebagging, will almost always lead to a degradation in quality.

Weed you grow yourself, dry and harvest yourself and generally leave alone until it's time to smoke - that's the about the only stuff that retains all its original qualities.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Destro Pesante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 13:38
Thanks Ganja for this revealing insight, at least for me.
Makes me look forward even more to my own havest %3cmoking

All the best!
S.
 Post Reply Post Reply