Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

whats wrong??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Enjoit View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Enjoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: whats wrong??
    Posted: 07 June 2010 at 22:53
i have two plants that have been growing for a month and there so small about 5 to 6 inches. i changed the light abou tthree times now i have 3500 lumens(cfl natural light) at 1 sq foot, temp is 75 80 during daylight and 70 at night. 18/6. other problems i think is a magnesium defficency but only on four young leaves of the one plant the other plant is just skimpy and light green both have a red stem half way from top. i use shultz plant fertilizer plus, i read it was a good fertilizer from other websites, and some wise old men. the one plant(with the magnesium deficency) ever since i changed the the light to the current the head is getting so nice. im lost i need help

thanks
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 10:47
Small plants don't need much nutrient at all, especially if they're growing in soil.

Pictures of your grow might make diagnosis easier, but at a guess I'd say:
  • more light (minimum 10,000 lumens for the space, more would be better),
  • good air circulation (using a small oscillating fan, so the stems of the plants are constantly, gently moving),
  • less (or no) nutrient for a few weeks
  • be careful not to over-water (don't let soil dry out completely, but don't keep it constantly saturated either)
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Enjoit View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Enjoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 22:52

i forgot to mention since my lights are manual. its not constantly on a 18\6 some times its a lil less, more light and darkness, i also have worm castings in both pots. i did the same thing to each plant idk why one is so skimmpy maybe seed ganetics
alkoholics View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alkoholics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2010 at 23:57
if you have been feeding them STOP your only going to kill them, they look like they have been way over fed and are deffinetly not liking it, flush your soil with plain water to get ride of what food is in the soil and let them come back to life.

Your light cycle should be steady 18/6 or full 24/0 or you will be risking shock and hermies
smoke or be smoked
cant always see through my cloud of smoke
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 01:28

My friend are you checking PH????? That can be locking nutes and that can be the reason why you're giving her fert and still does not work!

I Would also give them a lil more light lik Ganja's advice.

There's a very helpfull thread "About Nutrients, PH problems..." on indoor forum that can help you.

Bst of luck

Sal
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Enjoit View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Enjoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 04:59

yes the PH is about 6.5, and what kind of light natural cfls or something else. i also read the indoor forum here and on greenmanspage.com. i think i am over watering them, when i flush my soil wont i over water should i put them in new soil without the worm castings? im sorry for the queastions i just want to be 100% sure.

DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 07:24
Somethin noticed at winter... December and January growth almost stopped, it happened to many and tryin' figure it out it was mystic. JACK grew about 7cm and NL 5cm maybe... Dunno for sure but my guess is pretty sure huge amount snow and freezin bout -25C to -30C plus ground frost was huge so it affected somethin to maybe a CO2 so much and all the winters to ten years back have been black here little snow or none so surely I didnt noticed anything. Maybe someone knows this effect.
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 07:26
Meaning JACK grew 7cm in month and NL 5cm, pretty frustrating.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 10:44
Enjoit -  I can't speak for the genetics (I don't know if these plants came from bought seeds or from seeds found in bud), but the indoor set-up pictured above will not produce decent plants, regardless of their genetic make-up.

There's simply not enough light. Add another 4 of those low-wattage CF bulbs (and hang them horizontally instead of vertically) and you have about the minimum required for healthy vegetative growth. You'll need more light when it comes to flowering.

Don't repot the plants, as you risk damaging the root systems, which are probably not very strong at the moment.

Don't worry about flushing with huge amounts of water, just give them plain water until it runs from the bottom of the pots, leave them for a few days to dry out, then continue to give a small amount of plain water every 2-3 days.

No more nutrient or worm castings are required at this stage.

As mentioned above - get a fan! The moving air will strengthen the stems.

Get a timer! They should be available for 5-10 euro (Ikea sells timers and CF bulbs cheap, IIRC). switching the lights on and off manually means the light cycle is irregular, which can be very stressful for the plants.

The grow area pictured above has no chance of producing anything to smoke.

Driveby - if the very low temperatures outside meant that the grow room temperatures were regularly below about 8-10C, then this is the reason for the slow growth of plants. If the grow-room temps were still above 15C, the slow growth was probably not caused by the weather. Cold has no effect on CO2, AFAIK.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Enjoit View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Enjoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2010 at 15:53

thank you everyone i reallly appreciate it as u can see im new at this. ganja if i stop the nutriens and do everything u say will they start to produce buds then? these are seeds i got fom pretty good bud i had. once again thank you all for all your input

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>