Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Basics and Fundamentals
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

New Grower

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
leoni_banks View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote leoni_banks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Grower
    Posted: 27 August 2005 at 16:12
Hi i am new to the game and need help starting to grow my own bud. where do i start??
g g g g ggggggunit!
hashmonster View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote hashmonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2005 at 22:02

Originally posted by leoni_banks

Hi i am new to the game and need help starting to grow my own bud. where do i start??

you could always try reading other peoples posts on this subject, theres a huge amount of info on these forums for newbs and competent growers alike.

hope this helps

aint no beef with the leaf
mas420 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote mas420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 09:06

Leoni,

You can get all the info you need on the net, spend some time and study some helpful site such as this Sensi site also another site that I recommend is www.quicktrading.com it is from the grow expert Ed Rosenthal. Check it out.

After gather up all the basic info such as grwon in Hydro or soil, seeds, light ,water, nutrient,life cycle , sexing , harvest  etc.. then you will need to get the basics.

Find a source for some seeds, get a good light.

good luck!

mas420

Give me your fRuit CoCktail ..Bia-tch
The Piper View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote The Piper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 17:47
I`m awaitiing delivery of first pack of seeds and eager to get going.I found any question`s you have someone`s already asked & the answers have already been posted up.It`s just a matter of finding them.   
positronic View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote positronic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2007 at 18:57
Yes you need to make your own findings and mistakes...

Some will tell you things can only be done a certain way but if you `feel your way` as you grow then you can develop your own technique to suit your own time constraints, etc.
"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope" FFF Bros
leofong View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote leofong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2007 at 00:15
i see 2 types of cfl bulbs in my grow shop.
one blue spec and 1 red spec,both 200 w ballast jobbies.
im only growing 2 plants a so 1 bulb should do ??

i dont mind buying both ,but which one is for which cycle?

what happens if i use the same 2 at once?
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 15:27
Blue spec is for veg, red spec for flowering. If you're only buying one, go for the red spec as indoor cannabis spends more time in flower than veg.

Running the two at the same time will give the plants the perfect light spectrum at all times and you should end up with twice as much bud because you're using twice as much light.

However, if you have the choice, buy a 250w HPS light instead of a CFL. HPS is much more efficient for growing plants and you will end up with more smoke on harvest day.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
undertow View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote undertow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 16:05
hello everybody!

i decided to start growing my own as i'm fed up with the unreliable sources :)

so. after i spent some time researching the subject on google i found the homebox which seems to be ideal for a beginner like me.
after examining the types of the homebox, i decided to get this kit: http://www.head-nature.com/04165-400W
for the seeds, i'm planning to get feminized super skunk.
what i really don't have any clue about is:
-how many plants could fit in that homebox? (just for the record, my guess is 5 :))
-what type of soil should i use?
-what fertilizers and nutrients should i get, and how much?

and of course i would be grateful for any advices or links to good faqs, as i'm really a beginner, the only plants i have right now are cactuses :)

regards and thanks,

undertow
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 16:32
1. You could grow one big plant or up to nine small ones (3x3) in that homebox.

2. You should use good quality potting soil. Add 20% perlite or vermiculite to improve drainage.

3. You can buy nutrients designed for the growth and flowering stages of cannabis. If you can't get these, use food designed for tomatoes.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
undertow View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote undertow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2007 at 16:49
Originally posted by farmer mick

1. You could grow one big plant or up to nine small ones (3x3) in that homebox.

2. You should use good quality potting soil. Add 20% perlite or vermiculite to improve drainage.

3. You can buy nutrients designed for the growth and flowering stages of cannabis. If you can't get these, use food designed for tomatoes.

thanks for the quick answer mick.

1. i guess i will go for more small ones, that should give more yield.

2. so any good qual soil works? does the pH matter? i had a quick glance on one the bigger gardening shops' webpage in our country, they have soils with pH 6.5-7, 6-7, 5-6, ph neutral...
as i understand skunk does not like acidic soil so i guess it should be either the 6-7 or the 6.5-7 one?

3. could we go in more details about this? :)
for example. does this: http://www.head-nature.com/04086?id=8PD5rP8D&mv_pc=285
contain what i need or that's not enough?
what about this: http://www.head-nature.com/04662?id=8PD5rP8D&mv_pc=293
or this: http://www.head-nature.com/04658?id=8PD5rP8D&mv_pc=321
?

i don't want to buy things i won't need but i also don't want to end up missing something important.

cheers,
undertow
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>