Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Silver Pearl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nevi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Nevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silver Pearl
    Posted: 17 June 2010 at 16:32
I asked this question about a year ago,but no one could tell me whether it was discontinued,but it seems it really is.Is there any explanation you can tell us about?This strain was so nice,it was sweet,had a great high,and a great yield,and not to forget finish within 50-55 days.Maybe you had no more breeding stock or whatever?
I simply dont understand Sensi can stop making such a fantastic strain.It was almost a Sensi version of Cinderella.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 17:58
Sorry Nevi, discontinued and I don't know why... I do recall Ganja commenting a while back that he was pretty sure all parent plants used in the hybrid were still alive and being used in other crosses... so loss of a cultivar wasn't the problem.

What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Nevi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Nevi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 18:05
Thank you Sarah.I couldnt understand the one about breedingstock either,cuz Sensi still have both Shiva skunk,and Early Pearl,that make SP.But I guess if the decicion is taken,there is not much to do.
Have a good one.%3coving%20it
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 18:11
It must have been some other reason. Hopefully there is something else in the catalogue to take your fancy. Happy gardening Nevi.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2010 at 18:50
I agree - I'd love to see the return of Silver Pearl. Her absence from the collection is not by choice. Many people at Sensi loved Silver Pearl.

I'm not entirely sure of the reason, and as Sara says, the basic components of SP are still around, being used in other strains.

I think it's that while the original parents are well known, one or more hybrids that formed the intermediate steps of the breeding program which eventually gave us Silver Pearl may have been lost.

In the past, these hybrids could be recreated from the parents within a few generations, but the breeding programs required to make sure that they were the same as before involve the growing of many plants  - which is now illegal in Holland (the same reason that releases of new hybrids are rare these days).

So, in a perfect (or even slightly more tolerant) world, SP could be recreated from its original parents, but at the moment, this kind of breeding is not possible.

JFTR, I recently discovered that Silver Pearl, while descended from Sk#1, Early Pearl and NL#5, is also a direct descendant of Silver Haze. So there was a lot more breeding work involved in SP than you might expect.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
whodair View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote whodair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2010 at 22:06
i used silver pearl male on blueberry, shes sweet !!
 Post Reply Post Reply