Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Skunk#1 grow blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 21>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 23:33
akitalover< got brains
heampaoolic View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote heampaoolic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 23:43
I get what you mean, so your HPS dont start all at the time, start one, then a few minutes start other, and going till all being lightned no? so you got more than one preogramer to control the on/off cicle of lamps, ans the come from diferent circuits/fuses fron de general elitric box... i was wondering it too cause i got a few knowledge on eletrical instalations.
Nice.

Replying to my idea for the grow-room...
the skunks#1 are big, i mean, they grow for sides much? Give me the width they get. more or less, just an idea, to i start to choose the dimensions of my box.
Tanks for all
AkitaLover View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote AkitaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 00:38
In the end i will have 3X600 HPS coming on = 18 amps> 8 amps, then 15 mins later another 3X600 HPS coming on. It is the initial "surge" when a ballast powers up that you have to be careful. I use 2 different Cannatronic timers to do this ( these timers can handle upto 3600 watts each)

The skunk#1 stretch a bit, they now stand about 3 feet tall and about 2 foot wide, there is plenty of side branches, hope this helps..%3cig%3c
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 14:21
akita i got 1.2 sq x 2 m tent how many plants at max???????
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote AkitaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2010 at 18:13
Well i suppose you could fit 9 in there, 3 rows of 3 but you would hve to set them off a bit smaller. Personally i would do just 4 or 5 big plants. I mean you could do 15-20 if you really wanted, but then you would have to do them like a sea of green in much smaller pots...%3cig%3c
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 01:00
no mate ill put 6 in, i aint greedy lol how did they react to the 90 degree tie down i might try this when did you start to tie and will the tie be done till end pal???? as you know i got the skunk 1 wayhay %3co%20high and where off flyin
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 01:02
with 6 in there what height shall i put em to flower??? safe kidda
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 01:53
Hey Akita, you obviously have the electrical safety issue sorted, but Snoopy was talking about your electricity consumption.

6x600w HPS running for 12 hours per day equates to 43.2kw per day. This is an absolutely massive amount of electricity to be using in a residential building during the summer months - and it doesn't include the electricity being used by other appliances.

Where I live, 6x600w HPS would increase my electricity usage five-fold. The electricity company would immediately send out an inspector to find out what's going on. I'd probably have to cover myself in fake tan and tell the guy that I spend four hours per day on my sunbed!

Seriously though, the cops in my country have busted a few large-scale commercial grow ops after the electricity company noticed strange surges in remote residential areas with no industrial activity. This has happened despite the fact that the growers have bypassed the electricity meter in an effort to evade detection.

Fantastic looking garden by the way...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote AkitaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 11:29
Hey Mick, thanks for the input, i know exactly what you mean about the consumption. Its a kind of catch 22 situation im in, because i know that running that many lights will show a spike in consumption, however i know that if i want to maximise yield i will have to have that many lights on in the end.

Now im not 100% on this, but i dont think they can pinpoint exactly where the surge is coming from, and can only narrow it down to a district? (however ive been wrong before haha) Its a case of damned if i do and damned if i dont....%3cig%3c
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote AkitaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 12:00
Update time....5 weeks in, started them on Bloombastic now..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 21>