Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Skunk#1 grow blog

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 21>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AkitaLover View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote AkitaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 12:02

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote AkitaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 12:07
Im thinking that they will be another 4 weeks, what do you reckon people? Also ive noticed what looks like 2 different phenotypes ( if thats the right word!! ) There is one group that are slightly smaller, but the buds are very dense and all the hairs are very white, whilst the other group are taller, bud structure a bit lighter and are already showing some amber pistils.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote AkitaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 12:08

farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 14:00
Akita - if you bypassed the meter, they won't be able to tell immediately where the surge came from.

However, if you're paying for all the electricity you're using, then it will be noticed. I don't know what the situation is like in your country - maybe the company will be delighted with the extra profit and won't bother to investigate.

I'm just saying it's a risk you should be aware of. In my country, you can get a mandatory 10-year prison sentence for possession of drugs with a street value of €10,000 or higher...
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote AkitaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 15:02
Thankfully the cannabis laws arnt as draconian here! You could expect about 18months-2 years for this amount of plants.

The electricity has been bypassed, but only into my room, the rest of the house uses the normal meter. Anyway, how long do you think they have left Mick?
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 18:17
To be honest Akita, the judges in my country rarely enforce that stupid legislation. Our Govt is draconian, but most of the judges realise that the people who get caught in possession of drugs are usually couriers or small-time dealers who are just trying to fund their coke and heroin addictions. The big-time criminals are always a few steps removed from the product itself.

It's good that you're aware of the risks anyway. Personally, I wouldn't risk 18-24 months in prison for the sake of a few kilos of weed, unless I was absolutely 100% sure that I wouldn't get caught. There is no way I would grow that much weed in my own house.

If I was setting up a commercial grow, I'd rent a small warehouse or storage shed on an industrial estate (using a fake name) and only visit it when absolutely necessary. I'd also set up some kind of basic security measure so I'd be able to tell from a distance if anyone had been poking around. If I had even the slightest suspicion that the grow was compromised, I'd stake it out for a few days before going anywhere near it again. If I saw a cop sniffing around, I'd walk away and never look back.

One more word of advice - never, ever tell anybody that you're growing weed and never, ever, ever show anybody your grow room...

I reckon they have approximately four weeks left. Usually, once the pistils start to turn brown, the crop will be ready in 3-4 weeks (depending on the strain and the growing conditions).

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote AkitaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 20:04
You speak sense mate, i never let anyone know what im upto and i would never show anyone my grow room (apart from my electrician, who is a close friend and that was necessary)

Ive often thought about a commercial grow as this one just keeps me in weed and helps pay a few bills. Unfortunatley though, illegal Vietnamese immigrants have ruined everything for growers in this country. What used to be an underground and clandestine scene has been brought to the attention of the general public and the police, because the Vietnamese keep renting units or big houses and putting hundreds of plants in them. I swear, there is one uncovered every week in the area i live, and its the same up and down the country! So people are now vigilant on what to look for due to police telling them so its made it that much harder.

I could tolerate it if the end product was any good, but ive sampled it and its like a bag of cabbage! Horrible and wet%3cngry
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 20:27
Originally posted by AkitaLover

this one just keeps me in weed and helps pay a few bills.

That's got to be the understatement of the year mate!! %3c3chumbs%3c20Up I can keep myself in weed with just one 250w HPS.

Your plants look very healthy, so you're probably gonna be harvesting 2-3 kilos in a month's time if you move up to 6x600w HPS.

I hear what you're saying about the Vietnamese. Same situation where I am - they're the ones who keep getting busted as a result of electrical surges in remote rural areas where normal electrical consumption is usually very low.

They're also the ones who spray silica and broken glass into the buds to boost the harvest weight.

I think they usually move their grow ops every six months or so in an effort to stay one step ahead of the electricity companies.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote AkitaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 20:38
Aaah those pesky vietnamese, dug in like ticks everywhere spoiling it for the rest of us! Ive heard about the broken glass trick, thats just some nasty shit! Similar to that garbage called "import" %3coving%20it

Just remembered, growing question for you.....1 or 2 of them are showing what looks like tip burn,the leaves at the top have gone a bit "leathery" and the tips are brittle. However the EC is only reading 1.0 when i feed everything, the rest look fine (in fact they look like they could use more feed) any ideas??%3cig%3c
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 20:49
That sounds like light-burn. Is it just happening at the tops of the plants? It usually only affects leaves growing directly beneath the light source. Looking at the pics of your plants, I don't think there's any problem with nutrient levels. Light-burn usually causes the top-most leaves to dry out, turn brown and shrivel up, but the rest of the plant should remain healthy.

To be honest, I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it gets much worse or unless the buds themselves start to dry out . You could always move the lights up a few centimeters higher. My own plants usually suffer some degree of light-burn during the last few weeks of their lives - on the leaves that protrude from the tallest buds. I never let it bother me. Once the leaves are removed, the buds themselves are still perfect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 21>